Sunday, September 23, 2012

full court press


Well Thursday with Hank was fun as usual. We went and sat in front of courthouse and listened to live music. This was a place I had not been before so I really enjoyed sitting on the grass amongst the tall downtown building on a gorgeous night. The concert turned into a long drawn out discussion of why we are not a couple. It was a full court press of Hank and all of his good qualities. He broke out the resume on me and was ready to close the deal. He had a good argument seeing as he does have a lot of qualities that I do want in a guy, but somehow I can't quite push him out of the friend zone. He emailed me the next day and said he felt stupid for laying it on so thick and he hopes I don't hate him. He is crazy I could never hate such a warm and fuzzy guy who would takes me as I am, lets me be myself and loves all of my quirky ways. I seriously may have something wrong with me. We decided that he is going to take me on a real dinner date since all we ever do is go to concerts together. He wants me to give him a chance to see how we would do on a real date. I told him I would be honored to go on a date with him but there are no guarantees I will be falling in love.

I decided to try out a new route yesterday and went to one of the trails I keep hearing about in Nashville. This was a gorgeous trail, one where I felt completely sketched out on the entire time. The woods on both sides of the paved road creeped me out. I didn’t really feel like I wanted to be dragged into the woods by a crazy person never to be seen again. I stopped a girl and asked her if she felt safe running out here alone. She said that she is in the military and she sometimes runs with a gun and that makes her feel better. Um ok well I don't have a gun and that does not make me feel better. So I turned around and secretly followed behind the military lady just in case.

 I have had a good weekend of laying low. I am still recovering from hanging out with 20-somethings last weekend. I watched Georgia whoop up on Vandy and a horrible movie that just made me feel uncomfortable, 5-year Engagement. I went to Marshalls and returned all the shirts I bought for Vegas and got some badass boots out of it.

I didn't win the lottery and now I am boiling eggs and cooking bean soup. My apartment smells a little off.

That’s all I got.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment