Wednesday, September 12, 2012

tights and wings with a splash of music

Last night I went out with my girl Kelly for her birthday. Poor thing has a birthday on September 11th, so I had to make her feel a little special. What a better way to make a girl feel special than to go to Hooter's for dinner. One million restaurants in Nashville that I have yet to try and we go where the 80’s are still going strong. Not that I don’t enjoy a scrunchy sock, nude tights and white high-top Reebox, but this dated vision has lost its flare. I am all for tradition, but I think it’s time for a make-over Hooters.  I do have a question about the shirts. What happens if a girl wants to eat on the day she has to work? Do we get to see the hamburger sitting in her stomach? My gut would definitely test the durability of that piece of cloth. My dinner venue decision making process needs some work. So we had some wings, threw up the deuces and headed out to the Mercy Lounge to listen to some music.

It was Americana night; they had a whole line up of talented, tatted up, soulful musicians including Cumberland Collective. Ah yeah, I think I may be reaching groupie status. The goodie two shoes kind of groupie, the kind that leaves the band on the stage and goes home alone groupie.

We had a front row table and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The first chic was good I think, it was unfortunate that her camel toe was distracting us from whatever was coming out of her mouth. Girlfriend, mirrors are our friends and those painted on pants are not. Between her and the girls at Hooter’s I had enough showmanship of the girl parts.

Clay’s band was last so we got to hang out with him and couple other band members at our table.  He is a cool dude and definitely a cutie pie, glad we got to kick it. They were amazing of course; too bad they didn't go on until 1030pm! It’s a school night people, we had to duck out and go to bed halfway through the show.

I am ok with getting home at midnight on a Tuesday every now and then, but bed time is a comin early tonight (right after The Voice and Big Brother of course). Brandy is in a hotel watching Big Brother with commercials like some kind of peasant.  I don’t know how she’s gonna do it, stay strong girl, they only last like 30 seconds a piece I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment