Tuesday, September 18, 2012

out with the old and in with the new!


Well after a lot of back and forth, I'm a 615 area code! Its official, I am a Tennessean! I have nobody’s number so if you want to get in touch with me Facebook me or email me. I am not sure what I’m gonna do without the crazies, the clingers (stages 3 through 6) or the people I have named “Do not answer” on my contact list. I am sure I will think of something.

Actually I am thinking that this is my new start to my new way of life. Out with the old habits of losing things and being a ruhtard. My new goal is to get my crap together and stop the madness! I am ready to me Miss Organized and Miss Reasonable, I’m mean responsible. I will keep you posted on the progress; I have a good feeling about my new velcro-lined fanny pack.

Anyway, this past weekend was a blast. We took the city by storm and I showed the girls a grand ol time. After a crazy Friday night we went for brunch at the West End Cafe. I was looked like I grabbed onto the back of someone’s bumper and let it drag me to the restaurant. We staggered to the patio, Meagan is chain smoking, we brought our own Bloody Mary’s that Anna made at the apartment and I somehow found myself in a job interview. I have been throwing around the idea of having a weekend job for some extra milk money. I went inside to get a cup of coffee, ended up cracking up with the staff behind the counter. Since they were so much fun I asked if they were hiring (sorta kidding) and next thing you know I am interviewing with the manager. I filled out an application and I was told I would get a phone call. I wonder if its gonna be a problem that the number I put on the application no longer exists?  

We went home, brushed our teeth and set out to watch the GA game. Here we are all decked out in our red and black and the game is nowhere to be found come kick off time. We spent the entire first half running around town trying to find a place that would pay $1000 for a Paper View Georgia game. WTF, why Paper View?? We found one place with no seats; we resided to the fact that it wasn't gonna happen and went Honky Tonkin instead. We met up with the boys Anna met on Labor Day. They were fun, the two girls paired up with the two boys and me being the 5th wheel ended up talking to an outsider who sorta looked homeless. He was fun nonetheless. I have a soft spot in my heart for seemly homeless people.

My favorite part of any girl’s weekend is lying on the floor the next morning and cracking up our funny ways and insane antics. Dancing in the showcase window of the Buck Wild Saloon for sidewalk traffic entertainment purposes is always good for a laugh the next morning. Meghan captured every move on camera so we had to play out the scene from Hangover. We looked at them one time and vowed never to show them to anyone.

The girls are now moving up here in December. That's what they all say after a weekend in Nashville. I told them I would hold their spot on the couch if they wanted to crash, we'll see....

 

1 comment: