Sunday, January 17, 2016

expectations suck

One of the neighborhoods that I work out of is called Fairvue Plantation, it used be an actual plantation back in the day. One of the ladies found this out from a brief conversation we had after our body sculpting class. She is a 67-year-old white lady who is a huge advocate of black history, specifically slavery. She now thinks that I share her passion to spread slave awareness and share her thirst for historical knowledge because I happen to work out of this neighborhood. After each class, the close talker tells me the tales of the slave traders about an inch away from my face and I just nod and smile. I get to hear about the top slave traders and where they got the best deal and the most bang for their buck. Sure she can throw some historical facts in my brain and see what sticks but I definitely don't picture myself hunkering down to read the 30 page article she printed out for me to read. I'll probably read it just because it wouldn't hurt to read something...anything.

It was girl's night out for this working mom on Friday night! When my newly single wild friend designated her Friday night to me, I was like oh hell yes we are about to get crazy! She is only 30- years-old and so much fun. She has a one bedroom apartment in downtown Nashville after an 8 year relationship and its all I can do to contain my excitement for her and her new life. She should be excited about some good times comin up, doin it on her own and I really hope she has the same insane ride I did.

I got to her apartment, we cought up on the latest gossip and we head out to the trendiest Mexican restaurant in town. After a couple of margaritas and some dinner, she was ready to head to the barn. WHAT?! NOOOOOOO!!! She had to work in the morning and I have Wood at home watching the kids. I am like ready to star in a "Moms Gone Wild" video and we are going home? I have been storing up hall passes in my back pocket for the past year and we are going home?  Dangit that's what I get for having expectations for blog material. I got home and Wood even looked disappointed for me. I had taken the car seats out, had packed a bag but was home for the 11 o'clock news. Wood said I smelled like a dude. I had put Jamie's perfume on after I doused myself with her hair thickener, I love it when they disguise hair products in perfume bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment