Saturday, July 16, 2011

First 2 days in the country

Ok, this is my first attempt at writing a blog. I just moved away from Atlanta where I have been living for the past 24 years and moved to Tennessee to start a new chapter in my life. I figure since I moved away from everyone that I know and to a place where I know next to no one except for Brandy (my BFF who has graciously opened her home to me until I am up and running with you know a job and um a place to live... details details),that I should share my daily adventures and give you a play by play of the rediculous things that take place in my day to day life. So here goes nothing.....oh my gosh a bunny just hopped up to me, its like 3 feet away. holy crap I am in the country!

I arrived yesterday to Brandy's house. She was packing and getting the kids ready for their 7 day vacation in Florida. After she leaves, it dawned on me, I am all alone in Manachester, Tennessee with no one around but her dog and bunch of cows that hang out about 30 yards away on the other side of a barb wire fence. A typical day for me usually involves me going going going and other people, so this is my version of shock therapy. I sat out here (where I am sitting right now actually) on a porch swing looking over this gorgeous meadow with cows. Saw a lot of peeing and pooping going on, some licking, I guess thats how they get a bath, they lick each other?? and then right in front of me, one cows mounts another cow and starts a back and forth movement. and I started yelling (I was on the phone with my friend Sarah at the time of this public display of affection) well I guess my yelling got them out of the mood because they quickly stopped when they realized they had company. So then I spot a butterfly on my car. I heard that if a butterfly lands on you its good luck, but what if you force it on your finger it stings you? I figure it was worth a shot to get my luck to turn arounds :)
So that was yesterday, today I have done a whole lotta nothing. Well I take that back, I discovered a show on Showtime On Demand called "The Big C" and have managed to waste away a beautiful Saturday and watch 12 episodes in a row, 6 solid hours of the same show and this after I watched a movie when I woke up at 7am. And after I finish this, I am going back for more (still have a few episodes to watch) and my new thing is to always finish what you start. Well I guess that about sums up my first two day of the country (riveting stuff I know). Oh and I have eaten a tremendous amount of cheese and crackers and cookies. Usually I am lazy gluten on Sunday, but this weekend I am switching it up. Tomorrow will be productive. I may even take a shower :) Untill next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment