Sunday, January 10, 2016

One sense too many

Great just great.....Jesse is seeing ghosts. This is a problem. He woke up in the middle of the night yelling for me, I took him in the living room and we sat on the couch, he looked over and told me a ghost was sitting next to us on the couch and he was a man. Holy creepy we are not excited about this, I stay far away from any paranormal related topics. I don't watch ghost shows and I don't listen to the Bert Show during the week of Halloween because they talk about ghosts and ghost hunters all week. Can kids see what we can't? Am I going to have to watch the Sixth Sense today to see how to handle this situation? I am not sure how credible a witness Jesse is since he just pooped in the tub so we are gonna just ignore his ghosts sightings for now.

The main part of my job is fixing anything still under warranty in people homes which is basically everything for the first year. I am like the lost luggage lady at the airport, I did not lose their luggage nor did I build their home but they gotta yell at someone. Most people would not do well at this job I try to look at it like I get to swoop in on my white Camry and be the hero so I don't mind it. I was over at this house on Friday listening to this couple complain about every inch of their brand new house on the lake, poor babies. This lady was bossing her poor husband around the whole time, "show her this Matt, cross things off the list as you go Matt, open the door Matt!" Haha Doormatt, I so wanted to call him that for the rest of the appointment. People with money kill me, just be happy you get to have this gorgeous roof over your head with built-in bathroom floor heaters and zip it! But without them I would have no job. I should have lots of good material to report and just pray no one figures out I have a blog and that they are on blast. This one lady refuses to let me fix the chip in her granite island until I allow her to pour boiling water over a glob of the epoxy we plan to use to see if it "breaks down." Um what? Are you planning water boarding your counter top with boiling water on the regular? I have tons of stories from my last job as well, on my last day I witnessed one of the builders threaten the life of one of our painters. He told him he wanted to drag him outside, beat him and let him bleed out. This guy is fresh out of the military and has some small anger issues mixed with psychotic tendencies so I was pretty happy about it being my last day. They didn't even fire him, apparently death threats are not grounds for immediate dismissal.

Ok time for me to go watch the Channing Tatum lip sinc competition for the 5th time. Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment