Sunday, July 7, 2013

whatever Comcast

When I said this was going to be my year I didn’t know that meant cram as many life changing events in one year as humanly possible. But true to Spaz form that seems to be what is happening. Let’s see, so far this year I have signed up to have a baby, if it wasn’t enough to prepare to be in charge of another human, I thought it would be good idea to also start a new job. Oh and wait let’s not forget the new boy in my life, since he is in the picture let’s throw in moving for good measure. Wood didn’t like the idea of me being all pregnant by myself in my one bedroom apartment so we have been looking for a house to rent. During our search one became available, his Grandmothers. She had to move in with his mom due to health issues, so her house became vacant, still fully furnished and in need of an occupant. Ding ding ding jackpot! Now we are moving to the burbs, in a 3 bedroom house on a cold-de-sac. It is literally just like Wisteria Ln from Desperate Housewives. Everyone is always working in their well-manicured yards, raking, gardening and gossiping. I am sure these people are in need of some new material and Wood and I will be glad to provide that to them. I am not sure if they are ready for the pit-bull, the Rottweiler, the Wood, the knocked up Spaz. Anyway, I am slowly moving up there, I broke my lease and I have til the end of the month to move out of my apartment. I am back to being a nomad going in between houses and the house I have been spending the most time at does not have internet or cable (now I know what I know what Laura Ingles felt like). I thought we were getting all that stuff on the 6th but nope. Comcast has to run a cable underground first so it’s going to be another 2 weeks! That is why I said I would start blogging again on the 6th, but nope, still gonna have to blog whenever I stop by apartment and when I do that it’s to get a car load of stuff so it’s hard. So be just a bit more patient on the regular posts, the 20th is the new date on regular living. Me and no cable has been interesting, I have had to read, talk to people and do chores, it’s exhausting! Most of my usual activities have been taken away from me so all I want to do is watch TV, the one guilty pleasure that is left that won’t hurt the baby. When Comcast put a screeching halt to my dreams yesterday, I have been in hiding at my apartment watching TV. I told Wood I needed some Stephanie time and so I feel like I have been having an affair with my TV. He doesn’t get it because he rarely watches TV and has never really had cable; this is one thing we don’t have in common. I just got done watching the entire first season of The Newsroom, excellent show! Now I am writing and then I have to head back up north, to Amish country. I started my new job last week after ending my tenor at Servpro. I got a job with one of our sub-contractors, a construction company. I am their office manager, pretty much running the show and doing what I know best, construction, yay! I am crossing my fingers that my pregnancy brain and sporadic exhaustion won’t affect my perfmance all that much. I am no longer drinking caffeine so we shall see. My doctor said I can have one cup of coffee a day but it makes me sick, so I am relying on my natural energy. Ok my time is up; I must come out of hiding and head up to Goodlettsville, TN to get ready for the week. I can’t wait to blog daily again so you can get a day in the life and not long general recaps, this is what I get for trying to do it all at once in the name of material! Miss you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment