Thursday, November 7, 2013

bowl full of jelly

I have no idea where to start, last Friday, Saturday and Sunday was the best. I got to see all the people who make my world go round and then some. Friday night, chillin with my girls Brandy and Sarah totally set the tone for a weekend of non-stop laughs. I think I found another side effect to the this pregnancy thing, its called no brakes on the belly laugh. When something cracks me up, I start laughing and its really hard to stop!  The next thing I know I am crying, sweating and actually trying to stop laughing as I shake my belly like a bowl full of jelly (its a great problem to have). Sarah arrived shortly after we did and Julia (Brandy's mom) had some enchiladas waiting on us. Sarah did notice the crappy wrap job that poor Brandy did on the present they both got me (car seat). Bless her heart, the wrapping paper she had wasn't enough to cover the big box so she was forced to make a mad dash to the store and purchase a table cloth to wrap it in (one that you could see right through). I think Brandy has been hanging out with me too long cause she was putting the final piece of tape on it as Sarah was walking through the door, she didn't want Sarah to think we drove all the way down to Georgia with an unwrapped gift that I of course did not peek at.  We sat down in the living room and caught up on each others lives. Its so awesome when two of my very best friends get along as well as they do. We sat around for hours, so tired but none of us wanted to go to bed even though it well passed 1am.We finally said our good nights and hit the hay.

The next morning I woke up to some coffee talk with the girls and then I was off to the showers. I had to get ready for my very first photo shoot and I was excited! I am so glad that I had my in-house glam squad on stand by to help me out with the getting ready part. I learned that brownish mauve is not the most becoming shade of lipstick and that hair spray is not the main ingredient for every hair style. After I got approval on an outfit, my hair and make-up done Brandy and I were off to Canton to hang out at a deserted Loft/Mill that created some really cool backgrounds for my pics. Amber is really good at what she does and I got to reap the benefits of her talents. I now have the memory of my first child in my belly captured on tape and for that I will always be grateful, thank you so much girl.

We got back home and all of us girls decided to split up, go our separate ways and hang out with different friends. I chose to swing by Stuart's house, see him and his family, it was a great quick drive-by visit. I got to hang out with Stu and his wife Steph for a tiny bit and catch up with them. Then I headed to Decatur to hang with the crew for the GA/Fla game. It was good to see my peeps, we had a great time hanging out and watching GA barely beat Florida, but a win is a win! There was a few kids there, Meredith brought her little boy, he is somewhere around 17 months and I just kept picturing me chasing around a little boy. If my boy is half as cute as this one I am one lucky mommy.

After the game I went back to Woodstock to reconvene with the girls. We proceeded to go to the store to get the food for the shower at like 9pm the night before. Julia was about to flip out over our lack of preparation. We got home at like 10 put the stuff away and stayed up for a little bit BSing and we were off to bed. Julia was not having it, she was not about to go to sleep knowing we hadn't done one thing. This shower is for a girl who calls herself Spazwell and I think they were just trying to follow suit.  So needless to say, Julia stayed up half the night getting the food ready for the shower, she just couldn't take it.

Ok its feeding time, gotta go, stay tuned for part two of the shower weekend.....

1 comment:

  1. Holden is 13 months old, but thank you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete