Wednesday, November 27, 2013

its takes a village and a Target

Good news, the very unreliable picture taker of my unborn child was dead wrong.  I went to a second doctor, a high risk pregnancy doctor, because of the size of the baby and a small kidney issue. Well they made me feel all kinds of better when they informed me that the baby is in fact 5 1/2 lbs. and not 7 1/2! Shewy.

I need a new pair of shoes of all things, my shoe size has now grown to a whopping 10! Wood is a 15 and I am a 10 (this poor kid is gonna have big ol clown feet). I went to DSW in search for a cute, comfy, warm, slip-on shoe that was right around 99 cents. Seeing as I have no fashion sense, limited decision making skills and the fact that I can't bend over made shoes shopping experience right in line with cleaning the toilets with a tooth brush. The trip was a big fat fail, I left there with nothing and had to returned to the house and lay down.

I was telling Sarah about my problem while she was out an about running errands.  She told me she would look at the shoes at Target while she was there, take a picture of a pair she thought I would like  that had her approval so I could just run up to my Target and grab them, perfect. Well she couldn't get any phone service in the store to send me the pic, so being the nice, generous problem solver that she is, just decided to buy a pair of boots that fit my description, went straight to the post office and mailed them. She made sure I would get them today so I would have a comfortable Thanksgiving. Sarah saves the day!!!!! She said she wished she could just give me a hug but this was the next best thing after the rough couple of days I had. Well I am all excited to get them today; I went to Macys and bought something to wear for tomorrow that I will take back on Friday to go with my new shoes. I got home and the postman totally left me a pink slip for me to go get them from the post office. DANGIT! I ran to the post office with 10 minutes to spare before closing. The guy behind the counter tells me he is still out on his route. Are you kidding me??!! He saw my disappointment, I told him I needed that package and that my comfort on Thanksgiving depended on it. The guy did me a favor and gave me the guy’s route. Next thing I know I am on a PostManhunt. I am totally driving around town looking for this mail truck. Guess what, I totally tracked him down!!! I saw him, turned the corner on two wheels, went around him, threw it in park and blocked him from going anywhere. I popped out of my car; he was so nice and was glad to give me my packages. I had three boxes which is why he didn't leave them at the house. Victory!! I got my shoes and I love them!! Thanks again girl!

My friend Melissa sent me a bunch of hand-me-down baby stuff  in the other two boxes, which I can't wait to dive in to. I love my friends!

Last night, Brandy also saved the day. She took me out for a steak dinner at Long Horn because she had a meeting up this and it worked out perfectly. As we are eating and laughing, she was like; “do you have a bra on?” Nope, I surly do not. “Stephanie!” Well I grew out of them and I am not buying anymore, I didn't think you could tell under this hoody. Apparently it was quite obvious. So after dinner we go straight to Target and she bought me a couple of bras against my will. I insisted I didn't need them and she said it was not about me, that she is the one who has to look at me and I need a bra. I wore it today; I had no idea how much difference it made.

Ok last thing before I start my Thanksgiving extravaganza that’s starts with a visit with Marybeth up here near Nashville (more on that after tomorrow). I just got a few texts from Crazypants!! (the guy from POF who wanted me to shave my head, the psychotic song writer who I thought left my life over a year ago). He is still thinks he has a shot, whatever...IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE!

Ok Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment