Tuesday, November 12, 2013

yay! love all around!

Holy crap! That damn Meredith strikes again! She took pictures throughout the entire baby shower and I was expecting her to emailing them to me, nope! I just got another picture book in the mail she created of my baby shower! Girl you are amazing, thank you thank you thank you! I love love love it, you captured it quite nicely and I will treasure it always.

Ok here is how it all went down. My mom and dad arrived first; they had a few things in tow including the chest of drawers my dad made for the nursery, so awesome it looks so good in the nursery. Mom made something I can hang Jesse's pics on in the nursery along with a few other gifts, including a framed piece of art my Grandma Jessie stitched, a gift from Jessie to Jesse.

As the rest of the girls trickled in I got more and more excited. I had girls there from way back in my high school days, college days, old job days all the way up to nowadays. Brandy, Sarah, Amber and Julia really did a good job of laying out a comfortable environment for everyone to gather. My shower was pretty painless, just a group of girls socializing and giving me presents nothing wrong with that!

Sarah told me that I needed to make a quick speech thanking people for coming. So before we opened the presents I started rambling on and on about I don't even know what. I had nothing prepared and it was quite obvious. I couldn't remember anyone's name, I thanked Julia for opening up her home and called her the "house lady" and then I attempted a few more words in what I will now call Train Wreck speech USA.  We all gathered around the presents and I got to see how it feels for people to sit a watch me open presents. Unwrapping foreign objects for babies was comical and just plain awkward. The first gift I opened were these brown fuzzy things that you put over the seat belt so it doesn't rub against the baby's skin. I took one look at these things and said "cute slippers!" After I was corrected by multiple people I could not stop laughing, like seriously could not stop and people watching me did not help. I was crying, make-up running down my face, was sweating from the combination of wearing a sweater, embarrassment and heat lamps above me. From there on out I was a mess, I got so hot I got up in the middle of the present opening, left everyone sitting there and changed into a T-shirt for the remainder of the day.  That pretty much set the tone for some more hilarious moments as I proceeded to get called out for calling the baby monitor "walkie talkies" , the teething items "chew toys", the hats "bonnets" and whatever was disguised in the big raisin box, raisins. I pretty much just laughed the entire time and Meredith caught it all on tape. At one point someone leaned over to Wood’s mom and said “you live close by right?” She said “yes but I may have move closer.” I got some really good stuff including the crib (all my Decatur girls chipped in for that) car seat (Brandy and Sarah chipped in for that) and then many items I will find very helpful.

Kathy Goodwin brought one of her world famous cakes. She never disappoints with these bad boys, it’s such a great way to display a talent that shows love, patience and thoughtfulness. Amber framed a few of my pictures she took at he photo shoot and had them displayed at the shower, which was a very nice touch, I mean who doesn’t like a room full of yourself?  My Mom cut out a section of a wire fence, attached a chain for hanging purposes on the back for me display Jesse's pics on the wall, so creative, love it! I put Jesse’s sonogram pics on it during the shower, along with some of my own art work when I was a small child, Thanks Mommy. Sarah gave me two onsies, one Steeler and one Titan’s onsie. They both have Caldwell and the #1 on the back; I was asked to please take a video of me showing the Steeler one to Wood, as we all know has no sense of humor when it comes to Steelers. When I got home I told him Sarah sent him a present, "it better not be anything Steelers" he said. I showed him and he jokingly said, “he better not catch Jesse wearing that or he’ll show him the river" ha-ha, ok whatever Tony Soprano. Then I showed him the Titans one, he immediately took a picture of it and sent it to all his friends and now wants to drive to Pittsburgh to hang out with Sarah.

It was really great to see everyone and to be amongst folks who I adore. Woods's Mom and Grandma drove all the way down from Nashville to be there so I thought that was really nice. After the shower ended I realized that I didn't even mention my own mother in my “train wreck speech" geeeeezzzz!!! Sorry Madre!!! Sorry Padre! I was all rattled and overwhelmed so I forgot to mention both my parents!!! Well little did they know that wasn't the end of the speech, the rest goes like this:

And I would like to thank my mom and dad for coming! These two people mean the most to me in this world. They make me laugh, they keep me remembering that the little things keep us happy and since they have made it their mission to make me the best person I can, it’s the least I can do to give them their first grandson, Jesse Brooks. I know you guys have wanted this for long ling time and most likely gave up on the idea, so here you go mom and dad, a little boy to carry on the awesome qualities you gave me, to keep you young and spirited! I love you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment