Wednesday, October 23, 2013

decisions decisions

I just made my To Do list and it is evident that that pesky job was really getting in the way. I have a million things to do! For one I must call around and correct a few people on my address. I have been going around town telling folks my wrong zip code. What is up with me and my personal information, we are not connecting. I did figure out a way around getting bills in the mail so it’s not all bad. Sarah somehow had no trouble even with the wrong zip code. Her Starbucks gift card arrived just fine, she figured out a way for us to have coffee together again, even if it is over the phone, thanks girl!

Wood and I usually do our grocery shopping together so we can both get what we want and split the cost. We are both extremely indecisive so this could potentially be an all-day project. But he says I help him with his decision making process. When I am with him he is forced to make snap decisions, someone has to (I will admit that I take longer to pick out bacon than it did the Camry). It’s become quite comical that I must have everything picked out in my mind before I even reach the store. No stopping to linger in the cereal aisle for 30 minutes or pause to pick out a yogurt, nope, it’s a snooze or lose situation. I was busted with two boxes of crackers in my hand once, as I studied the boxes, he picked one out of my hand threw it in the basket and we moved on. One may complain about his tactics but I on the other hand I need this sort of discipline, this was quite evident when I went to the grocery store by myself yesterday to get stuff for dinner. I took my cook book with me to the store, mistake # 1. I had picked out a kielbasa cheese casserole because we had most of the ingredients and then I realized before I got out the car that is sounded gross. So I proceeded to go through the whole “Fix it and Forget it” crockpot cookbook that my mom gave me while sitting in the car. My objective was to find something different yet cheap. I picked out chicken and dumplings. I got in the store and started picking out the ingredients, as I read it, it appeared to be quite complex and would take way to long for my time frame (I am very busy). So I put all the ingredients back and went back to the cookbook while strolling down the aisle. I chose kielbasa and sour croute, not knowing if Wood likes either (he told me once that he would eat anything so I ran with it). The recipe called for 1 lb. of kielbasa, 64 ounces of sour croute, one bay leave and one onion. Done and done. I get home; cut up the 14 oz. of meat the package had to offer, cut up the small onion, threw a leaf in and piled on too huge jars of sour croute on top of my pour ingredience who didn’t stand a chance. I thought that this was a bit much, but who am I to argue with the recipe? So now I have the smell of sour croute oozing through the house for the next 5 hours. Long story short, Wood hates sour croute. We got a big laugh out of the fact that I now have a pot filled with a condiment for dinner; he said I may as well have a big pot of relish on the stove. So I fished out the 8 pieces of meat, put them in a Tupperware and fed him left over potato soup, a Brandy recipe that was a big hit.

So now I gotta focus on fighting for the bonus that I never got from Servpro. I was promised a bonus when I left that place. After months and months of nagging them about it I was finally told that after an audit they discovered that I had been “manipulating data in the system to get previous bonuses” and that I would not be getting one this time. WHAT???!!! You are saying that I was cooking the books for my financial benefit?!! Do you have any idea who you are talking to? You honestly think that I am that calculated?! How in the world would I even go about doing something like that, you are giving me way too much credit! I am still badgering the owner of the company to stop, think and prove his accusations of me being a thief and an extortionist! I am taking this matter very serious and won’t rest until my innocence has prevailed. I left there with an option for a letter of recommendation and now I am being accused of fraud?!

Why does having a job always equal some type of scandal in my world? You can take my money, harass me, lie to me, lie about me, sue me, fire me, lay me off, accuse me, knock me down but you can’t take my dusty clothes! I’ll just get back up, dust myself off and keep on keepin on. I bet the people working at the Shell Station don’t have these types of problems. They just get to hang out and serve the people with a stress free smile on their face every day, it’s very tempting.

No comments:

Post a Comment