Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Crazy in love


I am not sure what is wrong with me but crazy pants has charmed his way into my life....just a little. I just read that post describing him and our date and I cannot believe I let him talk me into taking me to a couple of events. The first being tomorrow night for the Jarrod Neimann concert. This is the guys he writes most of his songs for and since I am a fan I decided that it would be cool to meet him. The second event I reluctantly agreed to but decided I would be a fool to pass up, The BMI Awards. He is going to receive an award for the songs I am going to hear tomorrow night. This is the CMA's for songwriters, all the famous people of Nashville will be there and I will be struttin down the Red Carpet and perhaps a little Step and Repeat at the end.

I am really hoping that the Goodwill has a good selection of ball gowns. I have to track down some formal evening attire and learn how to walk in heels so I can go rub elbows with Blake and Miranda, Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman and whoever else I can pretend to be cool around. It’s not until October 30th so I hope crazy pants dials it down a few notches in the meantime and we can have ourselves an awesome night.

 
Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary at my job; I got taken out to lunch and dinner for that matter. I got a very sweet card from the owner of the company and it was all in all a great day. Where in the heck that year went, I have no idea.

 
Speaking of anniversaries I think people who are married for 40 years deserve a little shout out. That’s 14,600 days of being with the same person day after day and night after night. That seems way too impossible to imagine. I love the idea and want that for myself one day, who knows maybe crazy people are my kind of people. These two people happen to be my kind of people. They are the kind of people you want to be around, laugh with, smile with and who accept one another for who they are in life. The kind of people that figured out how to spend almost a half of a century together without killing each other. They have been through every imaginable scenario two people can go through, the good, the bad and the ugly all while having each other’s back. These two wonderful people happen to be my parents. I am so thrilled to be a part of a small group of people whose parents are still together and for that I thank you. You pushed through some tough times but never broke your bond.  Thanks to that wonderful bond Ryan and I are not children of divorce or separation and I will always be grateful. You two are my inspiration on how to live a happy life with the person you love. Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary Mom and Dad, I love you.

 

1 comment:

  1. Here is whats crazy. You give this guy another shot after all that and you diss me for calling you out on THE TRUTH!!!

    No guy who is a big songwriter, BMI awards, etc etc is on POF. You might want to do a little homework on this cat. especially after what happened on that date!! Girls like you never find true love cause you give the wrong guys all the chances. I have to admit though. I love reading your blogs!! I look forward to new ones!!---Jason

    ReplyDelete