Monday, October 29, 2012

Twilight zone


Today went like this: morning worked out arms, went to work, ran two miles at lunch, got haircut and then back home to cook dinner and do abs. It’s like I’m a machine. I swear I dipped in and out of the Twilight zone throughout the day. I am standing in the world’s longest line in the gas station and this guy leans in and whispers in my ear, "Everyone is going bell bottoms." I just pretend to not hear him and then this tall old guy with long white hair leans in again, "remember when bell bottoms were in style?" I turned and said "how old do you think I am?" Then he says “That’s why I grew my hair out" and then proceeded to recite the lyrics to song Signs.

"And the sign says Long-haired freaky people need not apply
So I put my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that, huh, me working for you"

He wasn’t singing it he was just talking with a bit of conviction. After I checked out, I watched him put his large coffee cup full of ice and a Fanta Orange on the counter and I told him to have a good day. Then I went to the post office where time stopped. Two ladies in front of me, one with four pairs of glasses on her head. I am glad I got to stand there for a good 15 minutes to try and figure out why while the lady at the head of the line picked out her Christmas stamps. She may have been 108 years old and she was in no hurry.

 
I then head to the mall to get my hair cut, this is the first time I am going somewhere other than my hairdresser in Atlanta. I show this picture I found on the internet to this flaming fruitcake of what I want and he talks me out of it. He said he loves my length and that since its winter he doesn't want my neck to get chilly. Whatever just cut it already. Um it looks exactly the same as when I walked in there. He says to me that all haircuts are the same; it’s just the way you style it. Oh ok, well that makes sense. So he styled it with a curling iron and now I look like Barbara Mandrel. I just looked at it said hphm, paid him and walked out. I really wanted to go back in there and tell him to do what I asked but then I run the risk of him jacking it all up. So there you go.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment