Thursday, October 4, 2012

Don't call it a come back!


Something is missing in my life, I have this feeling like I forgot something, which is a feeling I know entirely too well. I was trying to figure out why I all of a sudden felt a little blue and like I was on a deserted island or something. Then it dawned on me, I miss talking to you guys on the reg! I need an outlet and just because I may not have an insane moment to report everyday doesn't mean I can't write about nothing. So here it goes, I need to start writing about nothing again, kinda like Seinfeld, except with more run-on sentences.

I went to the dentist yesterday, it’s been um years since I’ve been and my teeth are not going to clean themselves. I have been paying for dental insurance for the past 8 months so I figure what the hell, let’s see that happens. Boy have they come a long way since I was last in. I got to sit in a heated massage chair and watch them take pictures of all my teeth. I have never had a cavity in all my 35 years so needless to say I was furious when they told me I had three. WHAT?!! I literally was sitting there fuming. My hormones are dancing through my body this week so it didn't take much for my mood to take sharp left. The dentist came in and told me what the stupid hygentish predicted, I have cavities. He asked me how I was doing, I told him I was pouting and he pretty much stopped that by sticking a sharp object in my mouth. They said they are very shallow and new. Great, that tells me one thing, my daily intake of mini Butterfingers, Snickers, Baby Ruths and M&M's shattered my perfect record. Stupid always full candy dish on receptionist desk! Sorry Mom and Dad all those years of sugar free gum and not keeping sweets in the house growing up didn't pay off in the long run. Oh well.

 
Then this used car salesman came in to explain the cost of everything and tried to sell me on teeth whitening. I was in no mood for sales pitches but she did not get that and pulled out all the stops. I felt like I was in the nail salon and the Asian lady tell me I need lip wax. I came to get my teeth cleaned and that is it, my teeth are a certain shade of off-white that I am fine with so leave me alone. I told her that since today was all about X-rays and examinations to make me an appointment to get whatever my insurance will cover and I will be one my way. So I now have to go back to get my teeth cleaned and after that we'll discuss possible fillings, one tooth at a time of course.

 

Well that's all I got, thanks for listening, it’s good to be back to my one sided conversation. I can't wait for Meredith to correct something that I sounded out that sounded correct at the time. Hind sight right girl? Oh and Sarah, sorry for ruining your morning routines, I will try not to let it happen again. Oh and Mom good luck on getting that chest port tomorrow, make sure they put that zipper on good and tight and install that alarm system (inside joke). Without jokes we got nothing!

 

Life is good and I intend to keep it that way! Until next time friends…..

 

1 comment:

  1. Meredith Mathers ;)October 5, 2012 at 7:30 AM

    No corrections- just advice this time. Get all of your fillings at once. Or at least the ones on the same side. Don't draw out the pain!

    Also, prayers for your momma! XOXO

    ReplyDelete