Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Roses are red.....so I've heard

Lunch went well, just a good ol fashion meet and greet amongst cousins. She caught me up on life in Flat Rock, Alabama and then we dodged a head on collision when leaving the restaurant. Nothing like a quick trip to the ER to make you forgive and forget. We played nicely in the sandbox and all is good.

I got a call from Will after work telling me he was going to send me flowers tomorrow but decided against it since I once told him I don't need material things to make me happy. He said that he would rather spend the money on a nice dinner out that we both could enjoy. AWWW but but but I haven’t had a boyfriend on V Day in years and I have never gotten flowers delivered to my work....I want the flowers damnit! Oh well I guess that’s what I get for trying to be low maintenance. I will look forward to our night out on the town...in Atlanta. Yes we are going to visit my parents and then he wants to have dinner in Atlanta. I am trying to decide on a place...I need help! I was thinking maybe dinner at a Tapas place and then a comedy club, Whole World Theater perhaps? I don't know I am a horrible plan maker. I mean I have been fired from being in charge of movie rentals for crying out loud. The last 3 movies I rented were total bombs that we ended up turning off half way through the movie. I mean I can’t even cut and paste a word out of an online Thesaurus properly. Now I am under the gun to make this spectacular evening in a city where I feel like I never know where to go. Ugh, I was thinking Brookhaven and then I pictured us running into Gary....um no. The North versus the South is a not my idea of a good meet n greet for Valentine’s Day, which is our two month anniversary by the way. It’s really the 15th but I secretly switched it so it could be on Valentine’s Day cause I thought I would be getting flowers and the card would read “Happy Anniversary my little love muffin butterbean boopy butt.” I don’t know who is called that but I was picturing something that would bring a tear to my eye after I gagged a little.

 
Ok I am done being a brat; maybe Vickie will let me smell her roses.

Where in the heck to I bring a farm boy to in Atlanta???? (Any and all suggestion are welcome)
Scattered, smothered and covered?

 

1 comment:

  1. Okay- we really need to have our wine discussion. I have so many more things to say after reading this post and the one from yesterday. As an advance- ask for the roses. Ain't nothing wrong with telling people exactly what you want. Don't set people up in your head to see what they'll do- just tell them what you want. Even if it is something as "small" as roses on Valentine's day because you've never had flowers delivered to work. That rules and every girl wants it. It's okay.

    Hit up Noche in the Highlands for some tapas, catch a show at Whole World and then go by Cafe Intermezzo in Bhead for some and dessert.

    OR

    Go to Park Tavern and eat dinner and then go ice skating right there! Great view of Midtown skyline and a dark park to make out. Mwah ah ah!

    OR

    Take him to Atkins Park, get hammered, get on the bar and scream pool party and then sneak into your old apartment.

    ReplyDelete