Monday, April 1, 2013

green doesn't always mean go


I have been MIA for a few days just sitting around simmering quietly to myself with a whole lotta nothing to say, but the lid is about to come poppin off this pot! I haven’t heard from Will at all, until this evening and I am still shaking. He texted me and told me that he was nearby and wanted to see if he could stop by that he really needed to tell me a few things and it needed to be in person. I told him that would be fine that way I could give him book back. Well that was how I set up the bomb-ass April fool’s joke to Brandy. I got her good! There is no way I could sell it in writing but my delivery over phone was Academy Award winning. I told her that he asked me to marry him and he handed me his Grandmother's wedding ring. I had her all bent up and uncomfortable. She was like, “What did you say?! Please tell me you are not engaged!” I told her I simply said April Fools Day. Ha gotchya sucka! Then she called me a bitch and well that was pretty much it.

The thing about an April fool’s Day joke is that it has to be a little farfetched so you don't jinx yourself. This is a lesson learned firsthand by Brandy. She told her Mom she was pregnant on April fool’s Day like 7 years ago and bam, two months later she was with child. True story.

Other than coming up with ways to trick people I really have been doing a whole lotta nothing except making my apartment look like a frat house and watching TV. I did however go get my nails done. I don’t think I have ever been so mad at myself. I literally walked right up in there and picked out the ugliest color they had and told them to paint my nails. I never get my nails done and if I do it’s a French manicure, but this time I opted for color and asked the guy what the kids were wearing these days. After a few minutes of looking at the colors I take his suggestion of either yellow or green, he tells me pink and red are out. After the first coat, I figured that the Sage green needed two coats, then after the 2nd coat I figured maybe after it dried the beauty would take over. Um nope, the cashier at Kroger confirmed my thoughts that my fingers looked like they have been dipped in mucus. I went home and pouted for the rest of the day and my Saturday suddenly became consumed with sweating the small stuff. I then decided to paint over them and now then are a lumpy coral color that has the imprints of the couch cushion on each nail.

I did however get a chuckle out of this morning's staff meeting. I come traipsing in with my water bottle, set it down as I am talking to Vickie then walked across the room and sat next to Paul. I asked this girl to pass me my water bottle, I grabbed it and took a big swig only to find out that it wasn't mine. So I slid it back on the table where I found it and was very confused as it was warm and flavored, mine was not. I then see Ryan reach over, grab it and take a big drink of it, he looks down at it and it is covered in lipstick. He was also very confused and I am laughing hysterically to myself as the whole room is quiet while the boss is talking. I am actually still laughing about this, I had to watch him for a whole hour as he periodically wiped lipstick off of his lips with a blank look on his face. I never told him.

 Ok more tomorrow I still have ten minutes of working out to do so I can earn my workout point for the day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment