Friday, November 9, 2012

father time is handing out minutes


Ok so this week has been a fairly bonehead free week, with the exception of a few dumb things that came out of my mouth at work. Bonehead free until now. I go out with a few co-workers last night, I get home, I’m exhausted, I get into my comfies and hunker down for the night. I recently discovered that I sleep much better on my couch than I do my bed, so lately I have opted to slumber on the couch and use my phone as my alarm. I get under the covers and realize that I left my phone in the car. Since I've already tucked myself in to my couch I decided it was not worth the trip down the stairs in the freezing cold to get it. So I set my alarm in my room and crank up the radio so I am sure to hear it in the morning. Sure enough, the alarm goes off, I get up and make my way to the shower. I get dressed and head out to go to work. I get in the car look at the clock, um yea its 630am and not 730am like I thought. Since I've been back in town I haven’t slept in my bed so I didn't change the time with the rest of the America when daylight saving occurred. Are you freakin kidding me?! Holy crap, I sat there for a few minutes and banged my head against the steering wheel. I decided to take advantage of my gift of time, went grocery shopping and now I’m writing this here blog. Do I wish I slept an extra hour? Hell yes, but I chose to look at like I get to be awake an extra hour, not many people get to add time to their day, lucky me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment