Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Someone call someone.....I'm alive!


I did it and live to tell about it! My trip was amazing and it went a little something like this:

I get dropped off at the airport and I am not there 10 minutes before I hear my name over the loud speaker. "Stephanie Baswell, Stephanie Baswell please report to security" What? What did I do now? “Um ma'am you are gonna need your boarding pass to board the plane and you’re gonna need your watch to know what time to board the plane.” Ok good call security lady, good call, thanks for recuing my belongings from the security bin. That's when I realized I hadn't given myself the whole "don’t lose anything" speech. I had a talk with myself and set out to wait three hours till my plane was ready for me. I go to the bar to grab a bite to eat and see what kind of interesting people I can strike up a conversation with. I met this stoner snowboarder from Kentucky, I tell him where I’m going and he is familiar with the hike. He then offers to buy me a drink, he said if he sees me on the news in the next couple of days after plummeting to my death he wants to tell his friends that he bought me a drink. Ok thanks, that is very comforting. I made a few more friends talking football and finally it was time to board. I settle into my seat and we are off. It’s not long before I realize that I am the lucky girl who gets to sit near the devil child who seemingly had a few espresso shots for breakfast. This kid is like three and spent the entire flight kicking seats, slamming trays, throwing cups, snacks and anything else he could get his hands on to line the aisle floor with. He screamed the entire time and his mom just sat there like nothing was happening and just kept giving him fried chicken. This child is now slinging chicken all over the plane and he turns to me and starts yelling. I didn't feel bad flipping him off as he was ruining my movie. We land in Denver and I watch this mom put her kid on leash and head to the next plane, it’s just so happens to be the my next plane...nooooo!!!!

I got off without killing anyone and wait for the next plane. I board and cross my fingers that I sit with adults. I got lucky, I sat next to this cool couple from Chicago, we all had a blast on this flight, we talked and laughed the whole time. We exchanged numbers, they got my blog address and we are now going to hang out in Vegas on Saturday night. If that didn’t work out they are gonna come and visit me in Nashville. If you are reading this, hey Tia, hey Collin, it was nice to meet ya!

I finally arrive in Vegas and Jeff is waiting to pick me up. We load up his jeep with my three bags, one purse, one back pack and one overstuffed, heavy suitcase with super strong zippers. Its Thursday night and we are gonna go back to his house and cook some dinner. We have some Salmon, chill out and get ready for my second leg of the trip...Zion National Park, Utah.

Friday morning, car is packed and its road trip time. We have Tony Stewart behind the wheel and head out into the mountains at top speed. I have now been up for a while and have not have had breakfast. No one gave Jeff the memo that I usually eat before I open my eyes in morning and that its just a safe bet to always make it a prioty to feed me for doing anything else. He gave me some pineapple to munch on so I was cool as we drove through the desert to the nearest diner. We stop and I indulged myself with carbs, oh carbs how I’ve missed you. I am now full and ready to get back in the car with Dale Jr.for the sencond half of the trip. It’s so funny, I have to take a Zanex to drive over the mountain to Atlanta but Jeff is taking sharp curves and huge mountain roads on two wheels and I am totally cool. We arrive after an amazing scenic drive and I am ready to gitty up this moutain/cliff/death trail!

 I have to stop here and get ready for my semi-weekly conference call with Christine and Patti so I will resume this tomorrow….stay tuned for part 2.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment