Saturday, November 10, 2012

Part 3 Utah


It’s the bed and breakfast portion of the story, so Cousin Brandy, we are about to test out your gag reflexes. This is the most amazing house just off the canyon of this beautiful park. There is a steam shower and a huge space ship of a  massage chair, um yes, I will take one steam shower and one massage after a day of hiking please. Then I will light that fireplace and jump into the humongous jetted tub. Bath salts, yes please, there is a reason that they didn't have bubble bath sitting out, but no worries I have my body wash that I will use. Um jets plus body wash equals a room full of suds just in case anyone didn't get that memo. We had such a good time talking until the bubbles subsided and we had turned into a couple of  prunes (of course we had our bathing suits on Mom and Dad).  He asked me why I was still single and I had about an hour long answer for him that he patiently sat through. I basically said that I am not going to settle for anything less than true happiness. I skipped over all of the “on the prowl” stories; less is more when it comes to explanations of my dating record. After we are 100% rejuvenated, slipped into our matching silk robes and we get ready for our date at the fancy restaurant down the street.

 
We settle in and order some grub, since this weekend was about trying new stuff, I order me up some lamb. Um yuck. It was not good; he said that it was because it was not grass fed or something to that nature. He was so sweet and traded his dinner for mine and I got to eat his yummy pesto pasta. He ordered a bottle of wine so any lamb tastes left on my pallet were quickly washed away. We were having a great time, chatting, laughing and then the real laughing began. He held up the bottle of wine and was reading the bottle, this bottle slips through his fingertips and comes crashing down on the glass table. Red wine comes spewing out of the bottle all over him and well the table is now shattered. Haha! Holy crap, this is too much to take in at once. We are both just sitting there with dumb looks on our faces. I thought stuff like that only happened to me, I was pleased to be the passenger and not the driver of this train wreck. Excuse me waiter, can you please add one glass table to our check? The waiter was totally cool and said (in an attempt to make poor mortified Jeff feel better) that he is surprised that it doesn't happen more often. Ha! Jeff quickly paid the check; I’m a guessing a hefty tip and we got the hell out of there.

 
We get back to the room and fall asleep watching a Duck calling reality show, so romantic.

 

1 comment: