Tuesday, November 20, 2012

one man band


Ok so it’s been a week since I blogged but I didn't want to ruin my surprise. I went to Atlanta to watch Jake, get my hair cut and go to surprise everyone at Patti's Thanksgiving party. I got into town on Friday night after leaving early on Friday to skip the traffic. Silly me, I am going to Atlanta, I will never skip traffic. I hate Atlanta for that reason! No matter what day it is, what time it is, I am going to sit in traffic..blah! I left early Friday, kinda glad because I just got offered the coveted position of receptionist at my job. Um what? Que? Como? Heh? Come again? WHAT?!

Ok let's figure this out, our current receptionist was let go, so let’s give Spazwell her job, stick her in the front to answer the phones while doing her three other jobs and see how that goes. I needed time to digest this and unravel this spaghetti idea that is chillin in my brain. I have no idea if my bosses read this and thus far I have been pretty good about keeping my opinions to myself about work, but hey boss, this is a terrible idea. I am not sure if we have been properly introduced, I have Attention Deficit Disorder, the read deal, the kind where the only thing I see during a car crash while window shopping on a busy street in Atlanta is the shiny ball hanging in the window of a novelty shop.

I have now four jobs titles, I am imagining the phone ringing and its some lady who's supply line in her bathroom upstairs has just exploded and it is now raining in her kitchen, the UPS guy will want me to let him in the gate, the painter will want me to write him an $8,000 check while reconciling the credit cards and while I am asking an adjuster to pay for anti-microbial spray on a mold job. By the time that scenario plays out I would have paid the lady with the flood $8000, gave the credit card to the UPS guy, told the painter that we are not going to use anti-microbial on his mold and then no one is happy. Today was my first day cause I called in sick yesterday and I already want to back to my office!!! I told Ryan today that I don't want to work in the zoo, he told me that I would be good a managing the zoo, I really didn’t feel like arguing so I just said thanks and went back to my new spot, Grand Central Station.

I am still sick, so I need to go lay down, I am heading back to Georgia tomorrow with Brandy. She is dumping me off with my parents so I don't have to drive back down again by myself YAY! I will blog when I am my parents. Excited about seeing them!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment