Sunday, December 16, 2012

as ya do


Things are looking up! Aside from Crazypants blowing up my phone out of nowhere...I had me a good weekend.

My $34.99 I spent on Match.com has turned out to be a pretty good investment. I ordered me up one country boy and got one hand delivered.  He is CUUUNTRY y’all! We decided to go out Saturday night. We started off taking a stroll down Broadway; the first place we stopped was the Boot Store. I have known this guy for literally ten minutes and the next thing you know I am trying on boots. This place is known in Nashville cause its buy one pair get two pair free. Well he bought one pair and let me pick out the two pair that were "free.” I found me two pair in a hot minute and promptly brought them up the checkout counter. I promise I didn't notice the price tag on the one pair until the lady was ringing me up and since they ring up the most expensive pair, I kinda set the standard a bit high, on accident. Well he just looked at me and said he’d make some more money next week (that’s my kinda logic). Um ok then, so far this date is starting off with great story. These boots are so bad ass, I love them. First Brandy bought me a pair as a welcome to TN present (really I forgot my wallet when we went shopping) and now this, country folks are so nice. After that, I bought the guy an ice cream cone, it was the least I could do. After the ice cream cone we decided we were hungry so he took me to Stoney River for a delicious steak. We are having a great time, things are rolling right along and I can almost understand every word out of his Southern mouth. After dinner we hit the streets for a little honky tonk action. Had a blast at Legends, people were in Christmas costumes, Christmas lights everywhere, the vibe was on point. All and all we had a really good time. His name is Will (haven’t nicknamed him yet), he is very nice, easy to get along with and I can act exactly like myself when I am with him. He did spill his red wine all over the table and all over my new boots, what is with guys spilling wine at the table when they take me out to dinner? I took one for the team and told the waiter it was me, again, it was the least I could do.   He is taking me to watch the Titans Monday night game tomorrow night in a suite. Not too shabby. He lives on a farm, his family has about 1000 acres and next weekend I will be checking out his tractor.

Oh Mom and Dad, if you reading this, he wants to meet ya'll when you come up for Christmas and take us all out for dinner. He called up Brandy today to introduce himself, as ya do. Brandy gave a verbal stamp of approval until he proves otherwise.  We are still on high alert for red flags due to my obnoxious history. Brandy asked if I could please make this guy be the one, she said she is over it; she is done with my guy search so I am going to try and do her this one favor. Although, in my defense I haven’t been looking, I was simply casually trolling on this site and I was going to give it one month. I am still reading my book on being patient that Ms. Kathy Goodwin gave me, and I think it really has helped, so you never know.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment