Thursday, December 20, 2012

testing out a theory


Ok I am gonna put on the kiddie gloves and walk gingerly into this post for fear of yet another blog discovery by a potential suitor.

I am going to the farm tomorrow. I will be meeting his family and seeing him in his element. Seeing him in his element is very important at this time. I need to see that it’s okay that he gets pedicures to relieve his working man farm feet of dry skin. I need to see that his passion for Nicholas Sparks’ novels is to offset the slaughtering of cows; I need to see that the Lionel Richie Cd's are to ease his mind after a long hard day of harvesting and roping cattle. The elements are gonna play in his favor, I just know it. Sarah has told me in the past that I need to be more dainty and lady-like with my men. Maybe this is the universe saying that I am not supposed to be the one getting manicures and reading romance novels. Maybe I am supposed to continue to wrestle at parties, head butt my guy friends and continue to use a pair of scissors and a red sharpie to touch up my pedicure from six months ago. Maybe I am supposed to wear the pants in the family and let my man pick daisies while I go hammer up some drywall. In my world, Lionel Richie is the dad of Paris Hilton’s BFF and Message in a Bottle and The Notebook got returned to the Red Box promptly on the due date.

Hmmmm it’s an interesting theory....I will let you know how it goes when I return.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment