Monday, December 31, 2012

LET'S END THIS YEAR WRIGHT!


Well well well here it is the last day of another crazy year and I have missed the connection with the world! I have spent the last days of this year on the farm with no service, no internet, no computer and it was time to find the nearest computer and fill everyone in, so here I am at Brandy's house.

 
Several things have happened in the past several days, where to begin where to begin. Let's begin with my belt, my favorite belt, it just disappeared into thin air. I know I lose things all the time but my life is in the best order it’s been in a while so I was baffled and then it dawned on me. I was trying on a belt a couple of weeks ago at Marshalls; I took off my belt and left it on the damn belt rack. DANGIT! I went back to look for it and they said that they most likely slapped a tag on it and sold it. WHAT? Oh well hope they got a good price for it.

 
My Mom and Dad came down for Christmas, it was perfect, exactly what the doctor ordered. They got here on the day before Christmas Eve and we have never been one for traditions so we opened up our presents before they even had time to sit down. Present opening time has always been good for a few laughs in the Baswell family. I got my Dad a Johnny Cash T-Shirt, the one of him giving the middle finger, my dad LOL’d for a long time. After the presents were open, it was snack time for mom and another laugh revolved around my mom mistaking the water milk jug for the milk milk jug. All I hear in the dark kitchen was "This is not milk this is water! This is disgusting" HAHAHA...duped again Ma.

 
The next day they met Will and we all went to lunch on Broadway. It was great, they instantly liked him. My mom was all smiles while asking him questions and getting to know him. After lunch it was time for my Dad and him to bond over a game of pool. We walked them down to the sports bar, got them settled and the girls took off to shop. It was a great day, me and mom bounced around from shop to shop until we found my Dad something for Christmas. We went back to get the boys cause Mom had had enough activity. On the walk back to the car mom was feeling sluggish, Will put his arm around her and handed her a Buckeye. He said he has been carrying it around for the past 4 years, it has brought him luck and he wanted her to have it and to carry it always. He also said it helps keep the hemorrhoids away, at that point my Dad asked if he could have half of it. It was a really sweet gesture and she was floored, she didn’t put it down for the rest of the trip.

 
We went back to my apartment, said our goodbyes to Will and he was off. We spent the rest of the visit relaxing and eating the ham that Will sent over.

 
Since then I have met his entire family, he has met my family including my extended family Brandy, her mom, her Grandmother, and her sons. We met them out for dinner over the weekend. They all loved him, Brandy's mom and Grandmother gave there stamps of approval, it was awesome. Will went to the bathroom and Brandy's mom immediately wanted to know what was wrong with him that he has mever been married or had kids at age 37? Well I guess the same thing that is wrong with me at age 36 in the same situation...nothing (for the most part).

 
Yesterday he took me, Brandy, Vickie and Vickie's husband Eric to the Titans game. We all piled in his truck and us five set out for Sunday Funday in the suite. We all laughed the whole time, mostly at my outfit. Everyone else was dressed like they were going to a football game and I was dressed in the outfit his mom bought me for Christmas. She said she could see me wearing it to the game so I had no choice. I was a bit dressy and I looked like I should be having lunch with my great Aunt Myrtle and her friends just before Bingo. So while I’m sporting my fancy turtle neck and afghan crocheted poncho, I got called Mod and had a few knitting requests.  It was a cute outfit but not the typical rough around the edges football garb everyone is accustomed to.

 
Now I am sitting at Brandy's counting my blessings. Let’s review, this year it took 50 WRONGS to find a WRIGHT…a Will Wright to exact.

 
I can't believe I scored me exactly what I was looking for in a man and so far everyone in my life who has met him loves him! I told him to go play pool while I hung out with my girl and now I am wondering if I should be spending our first New Year’s Eve as a couple with him? Aw screw it, it’s gonna be a Patio 457 evening, I started the year here with my half circle and I need to end it here. I will see him tomorrow, the first day of a New year and a new chapter…… bring it 2013 I am ready for you!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment