Monday, December 24, 2012

fun on the farm part two


After my feeding time was over we bundled me up for feeding time at the barn, a cows gotta eat! I now have his mucking boots in tow, his toboggan, his long johns under my jeans and sportin his hoodie.  It’s like 630am, 27 degrees out and I look like a homeless person. I am so glad we ran into his dad, nice way to meet him for the first time. He already did the feeding so no need to do it twice. It’s cool, it’s not like I sleep in anyway. He took me on a tour of his farm, it’s breathtaking. We stumbled onto about 20 baby calves; it was like a dream, like a cow dream. It was pretty cool to know that Will was the one responsible for all these babies being born ten days ago.

After my tour we went back to the house so I could take a shower and meet his parents properly without with yesterday’s makeup on. I walk in and they are so sweet and welcoming. I brought her a bottle of wine thinking that that was appropriate, I've watch enough Bachelorette and Bachelor to know that you always bring the mom something when you meet them for the for time. Well they have been watching a whole other show on a whole other lever. A show where the mom buys the girl she has never met who has been dating her son for a whole week a pile of Christmas presents. Maybe their show has a crystal ball so they know I am gonna be around long enough to be worthy of a very nice vest, a shirt and some homemade lotion. I was speechless, it was very sweet.

 
On our way out to the truck to get some grub, we stop to watch Will’s dog swing a tricycle around the yard like a rag dog using a rope. Apparently this is his favorite pastime and has a tricycle at every house he visits. I have a video of it; it was the funniest thing I have seen in a while. The dog holds the rope in his mouth and swings the tricycle around in circles until he’s dizzy. Um, ok, well um ok.

We now head to the Chuckwagon  (AKA  a trailer in the middle of a parking lot) for some lunch. We can’t drive five feet without running into someone he knows, people walking, people at the gas station, small town living is kinda foreign to me but I am catching on pretty quick. We pull into the Chuckwagon, low and behold his brother is there eating with his three kids. Ok ok I got this, we sit down with them and again it’s like I’ve known them for years. We laughed, talked and ate, perfect.

We then said our good-byes and made our way back to Will's, where I had more presents to open, three to be exact. I did tell him I was going to get him a little something since he bought me boots and all, so I wasn't that surprised to find one, but three? So I went out to the car and opened my trunk, ripped the tags off of the XXXL shirt I accidentally bought, wrapped it in tissue paper and stuffed it in a bag. Yea the shirt was a tad big and looked like a plaid cloak, so I'll just take it back; I pretty much memorized the return policy at Marshalls so it should not be a problem. I got hooked up with an awesome jacket, some costume jewelry and a candle. I have no idea what I did to deserve all this but I am not looking a gift farmer in the mouth. Shortly after I had to skedaddle and get ready for my parents visit the next morning

 
Long story short, I got a good guy on my hands and can’t wait to see what happens next.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment