Monday, January 14, 2013

he who sleeps.....me no likey

I didn't sleep at all the past two nights...Saturday night I drank caffeine during the movie and we all know I can't have caffeine past noon, so I screwed myself. Last night I had all kinds of things going through my head. My stupid piece of crap Fisher Price Wal-Mart phone that I paid $100 for finally conked out for good (I will be hosting a demolition party starring the phone and a hammer tomorrow in the parking lot). Usually if I spend a few hours taking the battery out and putting it back in over and over again, eventually it will come back on, not this time. So since I no longer had a phone when I went to bed last night, I went through all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. I was picturing someone breaking into my apartment and me asking them to hang on while I turned on my busted up laptop and emailed a 911 dispatcher to tell the police to come rescue me. I then pictured my apartment catching on fire and me updating my Facebook status asking for someone to call the fire department. When you live alone and no longer have a source of instant communication it can be unsettling and for me it makes my wheels spin off the axel as I lay in bed and not sleep. My 122 episodes of Friends I have saved on my DVR came in quite handy to sing me to sleep and after 4 episodes I finally did just as my alarm went off.

Now I am on call for work. This means I am the designated office personnel on duty to take emergency calls from folks whose houses are flooding or burning and me, the person who loves to pop sleeping pills and who hasn't slept in two nights their reliable source of comfort. This is gonna be fun! Good luck to everyone, if I go one more night with no sleep because of the ice that is currently falling out of the sky as we speak is making everyone in the Nashville area pipes burst, I am gonna be one cranky Spaz.

I did however spend my tag money to get a new phone today so that is taken care of, hopefully this prepaid Verizon will let me make calls at the farm, that is what I am counting on. Oh and even though I have my same number and same SIM card, my contacts did not transfer so I am gonna need everyone to text me again with their name attached (including my mother and father). Hopefully this will not be a bi-annual event as it is currently on schedule to be.

Anyhoo, wish me luck in my on-call endeavors, I will let you know how it all goes down ( I am on call all week, I am a lucky lucky lady).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment