Monday, January 21, 2013

raise the roof!


Thirty-six years ago today, a bright-eyed bouncing baby girl made the world a better place just by being born. Sarah D was in the house! She will always be one of my very favorite people, the girl who listens to my crap, gets my jokes and the girl who I can spend any amount of time with talking on the phone, texting, emailing or in person and I will be guaranteed a belly laugh and a smile out of it. I can count on her for almost anything, I can count on her to keep me in line on writing this silly blog, I can count on her to send me all her old crap that she knows I will use no matter what it is (I am running low on face powder girl, I am sure you have a half used compact sitting around somewhere). I can count on her to track down something I borrowed a year ago and demand that I give it back, because well it’s hers. I can count on a card in the mail just because she felt like brightening my day. I can count on her to fight a bitch over a nickel and then turn around and buy the whole bar (and that bitch) a round of drinks. I love this girl to death and my life would not be nearly as delightful if she wasn’t in it. I hope my Spanish rendition of the Happy Birthday Song started your day off right and my tribute to you bookends the day you blessed the world with your presence. I bought your belated birthday card a week ago in anticipation of its tardiness, so expect it in 1 to 2 weeks tops. Happy freakin birthday girl!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment