Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The sun will come out...tomorrow!

I am excited about tomorrow for two reasons, one, it's my birthday and two, I get to spend it with  my boyfriend! It’s been a few years since I have had a mate on this special occasion so you won't find me complaining about that! We are going out for a steak at Stoney River and I am gonna show this guy how to clean a plate in mere minutes. I plan on starving myself all day so he better be ready to see a steak disappear before his eyes. It’s only fair since last night he got to show me how to let a quesadilla fall out of his mouth onto his plate when he realized it had onions in it.

The things this country boy does would normally gross me out but nothing seems to phase me when it comes to him. Hey if you want to take a bathroom break in mid-sentence in the middle of a cow field, you go right ahead as long as you turn around and don't splash my boots. If you want to pick up hash browns with your fingers at Waffle House, not a problem, just don't show them to me while they’re inside your mouth. If you want to pick up a dead mouse from a mouse trap in front of me and throw it into the yard, it’s cool, just wash your hands (yes field mice sometimes do enter a house in the country).

I have been known to go bananas on certain folks if they were to do any of the things I stated above (including leaving the bathroom door open while in use), but I’m not bothered at all. I guess it’s cause he is so outright with himself and it’s not taboo in the country so I accept it and I accept the Etiquette, or lack thereof. I find his antics refreshing and let’s face it, I am never gonna win any awards for my table manners either, so there you go. Our comfort level is at an all-time high after a very short time and that is a good thing. Don't get me wrong he is a man who carries himself with respect, confidence and has plenty of manners, he is very polite to everyone he meets and tips like a Rockefeller, but his ways are just country.

I am all set for tomorrow, I have my outfit; I just cleaned my apartment and gave myself a Mani/Pedi. I am counting on the shower to reduce the overage of polish on my fingers and toes.

 Friday I am meeting the half circle for my birthday girl’s night out...first time back together since the summer so that should be fun.

 
I guess that means I will be reporting to you guys one Saturday...see ya!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment