Sunday, January 13, 2013

where are my floaties? Holy flood outside


Well had a great day on the farm yesterday doing farm stuff. If I had a nickel for every time I fed a calf with a bottle, well I would have one nickel. It turns out I do have maternal instincts...with livestock. I fed the little baby with a bottle and it was so precious, I could do that all day long. All precious times must come to an end; it was time to blow some shit up. I was now holding a high powered rifle in my shaky hands, started off with a 22 magnum and quickly graduated to a 300 something or other rifle. I figured I had three goals, don't shoot anyone, don't shoot the truck and don't shoot the dog, if I can manage that, I am golden. It turns out I am an expert marksman, I shot the water bottle with the first shot! And then I blew up a rock (my target) into smithereens, it was so AWESOME! I loved it, I think I missed my calling as a sniper, well it’s never too late I say.

After my goals were successfully reached, we had a quick visit with the parents and then off to the movies. We saw Jack Reacher, excellent movie, it’s a must see! The movie theater out there has two whole movies playing at the same time! It has the old time glam look on the outside, with the lights and titles on the front like in New York, except we are not in New York, we are in Fayetteville, Tennessee, same diff.

Woke up this morning, Will is on the couch, he still has not grasped the severity of the morning rule. We are to ignore me until I have had my cereal. This guy has the nerve to tell me good morning, what a jerk; I quickly snarled and reminded him of the rule. I took my cereal to the bedroom and read my book, ten minutes later I came out with a new attitude and a smile on my face, he will get it one day. Other than that Will and I are getting along splendidly (knock on wood) this whole country living is not for the birds, it’s for me! I love it out there! I get to do my laundry without cleaning other people’s lint out of the lint trap in the public dryer and I have a wide variety of cereal, what else do I need?

Now I am sitting in my apartment hoping to not float away, just watched the Falcon defeat the Seahawks in an extreme nail biter! Nice win Falcons! I went to church for the first time in a few weeks. I wasn’t going to go but then I got a present in the mail from Kathy and I immediately jumped in the shower and off I went. Thanks again Kathy!

I got my Birth Certificate in the mail from my Mom, now I can stop riding dirty and get a legal TN license. Thanks mom, I loved your cute note you wrote. Tell Dad congrats on his beloved Falcons!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment