Sunday, August 12, 2012

New beginnings part 2

Whoa what a day!!! Some amazing things have happened today. I get to the church, go back stage and get the low down on how this all works. It’s not just me, it’s several people getting baptized today. I have my change of clothes, towel in tow and go to find a place to sit until we are called up. I saw my boss on the way to my seat, he said he was very proud of me and was going to take a video of it. Very cool of him to do this so I can show everyone. I go to sit down by myself, look up and there is Brandy standing in front of me with this huge smirk on her face. Holy crap! I was floored she totally surprised me, I had no idea. I pick my jaw up off the floor, tears flying out of my eyeballs, I go to hug her and there stands Amber and her mother, Kathy. What????!!! Jaw back on the floor and I am just gonna leave it there. I can't take it, they just drove 4 hours to surprise me and see me get baptized. WOW! I can count on one hand how many times that I have been surprised and the feeling is always amazing but this feeling cannot be described. I was prepared to do this by myself but having my Bestie and two very important people in my life show up was truly something I will never forget.
Boy am I glad I showed up! I could just picture me oversleeping and a row of people cussing me out in church. After we sang some songs and listened to the sermon I made my way backstage to change.  I was super nervous, I got called up, walked down into the water, got dunked and was washed clean, it was really good feeling. I changed, came back to my seat and Brandy is in tears. WHOA! I don't know which is part is crazier, the fact that I am getting baptized or people crossing state lines to see this or the fact that Brandy is not only in church but crying too.

We all went to lunch and had a really good time sitting on a patio on Broadway. Now they can picture where all of the insanity goes down. Amber wanted to know if I brought a pair dry underwear to change into, nope I just took them off, "So you got baptized commando??!" Yep I sure did, it was quite liberating actually.

I promised a huge shout out to everyone involved....Amber, what what! Kathy, woot woot! Brandy, hey hey hey!

I am so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life and according to Brandy I am free to do whatever in the heck I want now and all will be forgiven. Ha good to know girl and just in time for a trip to Sin City!






No comments:

Post a Comment