Sunday, May 13, 2012

233 LOL on Mother's Day.

Dear Mommy Lou,
I am so glad that I have a blog; I get to tell the people I care about the most how the most important lady in my life makes my life wonderful by doing one simple thing…laughing.

Words can't explain how your laugh makes me feel, but I am gonna give it a shot. When I have had a rough day, your laugh makes me feel like I can keep going, like my thirst has been quenched, like I just drank a grape Gatorade on hot summer day.

I love the sound of your laugh, like the day you watched the video of my karaoke debut on YouTube. That was some good belly laughing I got to hear in my ear as I was driving down the road.

When you talk about your dogs, you are so animated and you talk as if you know exactly what is going on in their heads and it’s hilarious. I love listening to these stories because I know I am going to get to hear the best sound in the world in a mere moment.

My favorite laughs are when you are laughing at your own expense; those are the “I can't believe I just did that” laugh. Those are the “I’m so glad I’m laughing and not crying” laughs. These are the laughs I am also familiar with.

You and your mom, Grandma Ohlau, are known for your infectious laughs and great legs. To this day I can hear Grandma’s laugh, I can see her with her head back and mouth open and then I hear your laugh. I picture you with your eyes squinted, mouth all crinkled up as you bend your knees and double over. Those two visions will always be with me.

They say that laughter is the best medicine and that rings so so true, I believe it is one of the many backbones that hold our little family together. I cannot count the times in my life I wish you were around just to hear you laugh.

I am so blessed to have such a kind hearted and beautifully souled mother to teach me what I need to know in order to be as lovely of a person as you. I love you with all the goodness in my own heart and I want to thank you for being you and showing me how to be me.



Happy Mother's Day.

Love,
Stephanie Kay




No comments:

Post a Comment