Saturday, May 12, 2012

day 232 you're no daisy, you're no daisy at all


Been up since 8am, been to the grocery store, paid bills, cleaned the apartment, and received (and rejected) another present from the rodeo clown. I am sitting out on the deck enjoying a cup of tea (because I am 85-years-old) and here he comes. He said he had something for me, ah geez, he grabs something out of his truck, hides it behind his back and tosses it up to me. I catch it, it’s a stuffed animal dressed in a Tennessee Volunteer jersey, I looked at yelled out “BLEK” and through I right back to him. I am a GA girl, I cannot accept that! Poor guy probably spent all morning and half his paycheck at Shoney’s trying to snag that thing from the pile of stuffed animals with the big metal prongs. Sorry dude! He was on his way to Wal-Mart to buy a new bandanna; apparently someone snagged one of his multi colored bandannas from his costume last night. He heads to the truck but not before yells out, "If you have any single friends (who prefer guys who were white Velcro shoes) send em my way!" Ok sure thing!

My parents were gonna come up this weekend after they learned my Mom’s test results on Friday. The appointment got pushed to Monday so they can't come this time. Sad face :(
I will see them next weekend when I am cruise through the great state of Georgia so it’s all good.

Plan B is my country summer home, me and my laundry are heading to Brandy’s here in a minute.  If I can’t spend Mother’s Day with mi Madre, Brandy will have to do. She certainly qualifies as my mother with her constant supervision, support and advice. They say it takes a village and I wouldn’t know what to do without her, so maybe I will stop and pick some daisies for Mama Brandy as a token of my appreciation.


No comments:

Post a Comment