Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 235 trail of tears


I decided to give my knees a test drive, test the waters and see what's up, so to cut to the chase, if you are reading between the lines, I went on a run. I am bloody sick of my workout routine and needed some air! Got up at 5, drove downtown, parked by the river and took off (most people would probably just go around the block if they haven’t been running since August due to injuries) I myself prefer to take a trip across the city. It was a gorgeous morning; the scenery was beautiful and headed for the walking bridge. The bridge goes over the Cumberland River to the Titans stadium and provides a gorgeous glimpse of the city. I start to tear up cause I miss it so much and if feels so good, then I tear up cause it starts to hurt and I realize I am not ready. I get over the bridge; keep running thinking I can just loop back around to the other side. I realize that there is a reason that there is a bridge, it’s the only way to get to and fro, and there is no loop. So I have to turn around and go back over the bridge, I start to tear up again cause this is gonna hurt! My brother has taught me to stick my butt out and bend my knees in order to support my knees better when I go up and down stairs. So now I am going up this bridge while sticking out my butt out and bending my knees while running up hill, I am feeling a little like Phaedra from Atlanta Housewives as she is a self-proclaimed donkey. 3 miles later, I make, well back to the routine and the old drawing board, or the doctor...


No comments:

Post a Comment