Friday, July 22, 2011

day 8

drove up to Franklin (ritzy town bout 20 min from Nashville) to try and land a job at Mickey Roo's. Things went pretty good, but don't want to jinx it! But I will say this girl Brooke instantly wanted me to work there when I walked in because I look over 18 and that I may actaully have a brain (well that is what she yelled out across the bar anyway). She gave me an application and we talked for a bit, she was super nice and she texted the hiring manager right then and there and told her to hire me because I was 34 and pretty. Well alrighty then, that's how you get places in this world, befriend the token loud mouth. This place is a Texas style BBQ place, with live music every night, exactly what I am looking for and according to my new BFF, she says that money is good. I asked her about the attire and she says that any black top will do and shorts or jeans...she said the only rule is if your "china lips" are showing your shorts are too short. wow. did she really just say that? alrighty then, there goes my entire wardrobe :) SO feeling good about how I ended the first week of painful job searching. Fingers crossed!! I also met Mickey, the owner, hopefully he liked the twinkle in my eye :) (some call it desperation, I call it a twinkle)

guess I will go for a run, gotta get my legs ready just in case I am lucky enough to wear cut-off levi's and  cowboy boots to work YEE HAW (oh and because there is nothing else to do)

No comments:

Post a Comment