Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 4. pounding the pavement

So I just arrived in downtown Nashville on Broadway. I parked my car (for $11) and hit the streets. I walked down Broadway feeling like Dolly Parton in the movie "Straight Talk" when she is walking around with her head in the clouds looking at all the tall buildings. I peaked my head in to a couple of honky talk bars, first one Tootsie's (keep in mind it is lunchtime on a Monday and there is live music everywhere..love it!) and this guy is singing a classic Hank Jr. song and I tear up just a little. This is the environment I have been longing for. I walk to the next place where a cute old couple (I am guessing 108 or 109 years old) are standing up on stage singing a duet. Lois and John Sheperd are up there jamming out, its awesome. I jot down in composition notebook (Patti and Chris gave it to me as part of TN survival kit) that I am at Robert's Western world Honky Tonk grill. Lois and John have been singing together on this street for the last 39 years! awesomeness.
 Now I gotta eat, I am now at the Big River Grille & Brewing Works having a salad. I just told the waitress that I just moved here and I am looking for a job at a bar, a bar that is super busy where I can make as much money as possible really fast. Did I really just say that out loud?? Oh yes I did, I have no time to beat around the bush apparently, whoa Bessy, calm down, maybe I should put a new spin on it at the next place :)
 I am looking around at the guys and girls serving their tables and wonder how many of these kids are out here trying to "make it" in the music industry......hhhhhmmm

ok well the girl told me to go in every restaurant up and down Broadway and fill out applications. ok then I guess I better get started. Will report back later...wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment