Friday, June 22, 2012

day 259 break out the stake out


On and on and on and on....relentless Meredith, carrying on and on and on and on about setting me up with her friend Clay, the musician. Finally, just to shut her up, I executed Operation Window Shop. I have been stalking him on Facebook and his pics looked a bit cheesy but Meredith insisted that he is hilarious and that I would like him. The plan is simple, Kelly and I stalk him, check him out in his element and essentially do some window shopping.

We show up, we are the like the 2nd ones there and they are warming up, awkward. We post up in the back of the room and break out the stake out. He is totally cute!!! I have always thought that if you put a mediocre guy on a stage and hand him a guitar that guy goes from mediocre to hot in two shakes of a lambs tail. I am keeping this in mind while I check him out.

The band gets crankin and they are AWESOME!!! It’s called The Cumberland Collective, it’s like 10-15 different singer/songwriters came together and formed a folksy alliance. All different walks of life on this stage all holding different instruments. They were amazing and really entertaining. During the break we talked with a couple of the members and they were hilarious. Clay finally makes his way near where I was sitting. I am trying to catch his eye and be smooth about it, but instead I uncontrollably yell out his name. It’s amazing how you can get someone’s attention by yelling out their name.

He walked up to my table, I introduced myself as Meredith's friend and he said he was glad to meet me. He sat down for a couple of seconds, he was all over the place though, everyone in that place wanted to talk to him. The short time we did talk was cool though, I definitely want to get to know him! I text Meredith to tell her my conclusion and she wrote back "Told you. Geez I'm always right."

Ha, we had to sneak out early and didn't get a chance to say goodbye, now I need advice on my next move....


No comments:

Post a Comment