Monday, June 25, 2012

day 262 AC...fail(s)

The AC failed at work...good thing it was only 99 degrees out today. So tomorrow, while they install the new unit, the plan is to corral all of us office girls into one room with a temp AC unit. Fighting for air time on the phones and probably getting a whole lot of nothing done is not making me super excited about tomorrow. I may volunteer to work from home and see what they think.

Another AC affected my life today; there is apparently no AC in the laundry room that houses 20 dryers...hhhhmmm sweet. Now I can only stand to do two loads at once instead of the usual six. The six really wasn’t working out anyway since I upgraded from the dollar store fabric softener to the good liquid kind that requires a downy ball. I was all excited but come to find out the one downy ball is not compatible with six washing machines at the same time (I didn’t think that through). Anyway, I washed my bathing suit with the long-ass straps that I tie around my neck today. The strap managed to tie the entire load together; it weaved itself in and out and all around all of the clothes, tying them tightly to the stupid spinner thing in the middle. So there I was sweating like crazy while untying a huge knotted rope of clothes strapped to the inside of a watching machine. Good times!

Ok I am going to kill my neighbor. Why did he think it was a good idea to tell me a fight broke out with a bunch of dudes outside of the building next to mine late Saturday night and he saw them pull out a couple of guns. WHAT??!!  I mean I know I don't live in Bel Aire but up until now I felt perfectly safe in my own little naive gun free world and now I gotta think about putting a glock on my shopping list? This is not good. Should I pack some heat or get a very large dog? This is not something I am ready to decide. Maybe they were just squirt guns, it being summer and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment