Monday, March 19, 2012

day 195 precious cargo

Mi Madre es visiting. She is a freakin sweet as pie, crack up hoot of a lady...love her! I went and picked her up in Chattanooga, my dad brought her to the half-way point. (I was late because Chattanooga is apparently Eastern Standard Time and I have trouble figuring out different time zones when they are in the same state) When I first moved here I was an hour late to everything, so it takes some getting used too. It still trips me out that people don't use area codes here. I come from the land of 3 area codes.. I always say 615 when someone asks over the phone at work, then I wait for them to write it down before I give them the rest of the number…

 So ok back to my lunch with mi Madre and mi Padre, so good to see both of them, had some ribs, a quick visit and the Mom and I were off (AKA, the blind leading the blind) we were immediately lost trying to get back to 24E. I swear my GPS hates me and is trying to get back at me for forcing it to say "turn around" so many times. But we got back on track after I called my Dad, I had my GPS in one hand (cause it broke off the windshield) my phone in my other hand, driving with my knee, flying down the highway and not thinking one thing about it until my mom yells out "Stephanie Kay Baswell, you have 4 things in your hands, none of which is the steering wheel!" Ha, good point actually, duly noted, she is right, if you aren't gonna drive 10 and 2, at least throw a pinky on the wheel, especially when you have precious cargo.

Oh Jason called, he wanted to see me, so I immediately book a date, I mean a lesson. He missed me last week; he asked where I had been. I didn't want to tell him I was going through detox, so I just said I was busy. Mom will be going with me tomorrow night, it will be a first, I don't think I have ever had a chaperone on a date...

I must go to bed, I will save my Baby Got Back karaoke story for tomorrow. Actually, I don’t think that there is any explanation needed….I think everyone knows how that song and dance (pun intended) went.


No comments:

Post a Comment