Wednesday, March 21, 2012

day 197 oh to be 14 again

I really really can't wait until I am no longer a dancing train wreck. I showed serious signs of being mentally handicapped tonight. I have got to get it together or Jason is going to kill me. I did a group thing tonight and then a party, basically 1 hour and 45 minutes of non-stop dancing. I have now been told twice now to have a drink before I come to class. Seriously? Never in my life has someone recommend that I have a drink, usually it’s the other way around. Ok, “Operation Get the Steel Rod out of my Back” is underway. Loosen up is the name of the game.
I just read an essay my mom wrote when I was 14. She brought it up here to show me and also has one about my brother. My brother’s was really funny, that 11 year-old had some hilarious one-liners. Mine, was the opposite of funny, it was about the 6-8 weeks that my life was put on pause, so I could enjoys the benefits of a severe case of Mononucleosis. Telling a wiry, wound up, energized future gypsy that she has to be home-schooled, forgo a spot on the All-star softball team, quit ballet, and quit jazz classes, sucks! I also missed my 8th grade  dance and a chance to slow dance with Johanthan Sullivan, the only 8th grader who was old enough to drive. Thanks mom, so glad we documented that! She told me how she wanted me to see an example of how I beat all odds of the side effects that I had looming from the sickness, how I persevered as a teenager and how I was still doing it today. I appreciate the sentiment Mom, but geez Louise that was not fun, not fun at all. Please tell me you don’t have any essays about my dog dying so I can see an example of the circle of life. J


No comments:

Post a Comment