Thursday, March 1, 2012

day 182 Cha Cha Cha!

Holy crap that was SO MUCH FUN!!! I just got back from my first group dance lesson/ dance party! I can't even get over how much I enjoyed it. During the group lesson we learned the Fox Trot with cutie pie Kyle, the tall, dark and handsome instructor from Boston.
Then the "party" began,(I had no idea what to expect) they turned out the lights, cranked up the music, disco ball and a DJ.  My first teacher, Jason, came up and introduced himself, I was like “whatever, it’s me, Stephanie, you just taught me on Tuesday!” He said he didn’t recognize me in the dark…whatever you don’t remember we had that great connection Jason?! J

They started it off with a Soul Train type situation as everyone Two-Stepped down the middle and back around and we all clapped to the beat while we were waiting for our turn. Then every song they played we danced a different dance with a different partner each time and they just kept it rollin (such a good way to practice), I did some “night-club” two-steppin, a little Salsa with Jason, he is so cute and I had no choice but to look into his eyes, I totally felt Baby’s pain from Dirty Dancing when she first started learning how to dance with Patrick Swayze. I turned the wrong way every time, I told him I was nervous, he said, “but you are still smiling and that’s all that matters.” (I may as well of told him that I just carried a watermelon)We did some East coast and West coast swing to some country, I danced with the owner of the place for this one and I totally rocked it for some reason. We did some Cha Cha and Rhumba both times I danced with girl instructors….that was pretty funny. We also did the Wobble, it was like a hip hop line dance...I have never been more aware that I am white.  This is my new favorite past time, I can’t wait to get good. Everyone was so nice and fun, loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment