Wednesday, October 19, 2011

day 81 hop, skip and jump across state lines

Well today was a trip! 6am start time

Met with my parents at 930am at Crackle Barrel. They look so good! Both look healthy and happy and that's all I can ask for. They got a juicer, cut out processed foods, drinks tons of green tea and it has really made a difference. Something to think about not gonna lie. They juice fruits and vegetables and use the pulp in the homemade bread that they now make on the reg. So the bread tastes like whatever they juiced that day and it full of vitamins and nutrients. All of the things that I just mentioned have changed their lives health wise, its awesome, I am thinking about making some changes for the better in that department. So Thank you Lord for keeping them on the up and up! They are both so funny and lovely, I just love them to pieces and pieces, I wish it were a longer visit but it will have to wait until Thanksgiving, their criminal daughter had to make her court appearance. Speaking of court appearances, that was an interesting experience. I arrive in downtown Atlanta, I pay to park in a garage, walk outside and start heading to the court house. I notice this homeless man talking to himself as he crosses the street, then I notice him walking towards me, as he is picking up speed I realize that he is now charging me with this crazy look. So I dart across the street not willing to wait and see what the hell he wanted but it scared the hell out of me. I took comfort in knowing that I was near a court of law, but still, it took me off guard. I reach the court room and the place is packed! Standing room only, I later found out that there was 343 people waiting to be judged. Geez! They start calling our names and we have to announce what we are pleading in front of everyone. I have a choice of guilty, not guilty bench (where I will need to go to a bench trial later that day) not guilty trial (where you can get a jury trial) or pre-trial (where you have to opportunity to talk to the officer who gave the ticket and try and get him to drop it), the court dude explains the "pre-trial" like this: if you were too emotional when you got pulled over and didn't really explain yourself very well while sitting on the side of the highway, thats when my ears perked up, that was totally me!! When the officer told me I couldn't drive anymore that day because my license was suspended, that I had to get someone to come and get me and someone else to drive my car or he was going to tow it and I had 15 minutes to make that happen, I sorta flipped out. First of all it was 9am, I was sitting in traffic and hadn't done a damn thing wrong, so for them to lay this on me, I freaked and starting crying uncontrollably, Marybeth was first on the scene to rescue me and she ended up talking to the cop because he claims that he couldn't understand me over all the blubbering, long story short, we called Josh as the other person and he was on his way, then we realized that if Josh came to the crime scene, then we would still have to leave a car behind, so Marybeth raced home, Josh picked her up there and then they both came and got me, meanwhile I was chilling on the side of 75N with blue lights behind me. Somehow we made this happen in record time and nothing was towed. But he did take my freakin license and I had to go get another one, hhhhmmm, if my license was "suspended" than why did the DMV give me another one that same day, because they are idiots and this is all a big misunderstanding and a mistake! Ok so back to court, I plead "pre-trial" and thanks goodness I did! My officer failed to appear and my cased was dismissed! Hahlalula! Free at last!!! That was the best new I heard all day!! So I skipped to my car and head back to TN.

On the way home I stop by Gary's and took Jake to get a bath at the City Dog Market. Since I was always in charge of giving him a bath, he hasn't had one since I left! So I had to hook the poor guy up, I yelled at Gary for being a negligent father and he claimed that Jake never asked for a bath therefore he didn't think he needed one. Um ok, I guess its Jake's fault then :)

So now I am back home, (end time 630pm) settling in, and guess what, I saw the mouse (I think, 99% positive) run underneath the closet door, so Brandy and I acted fast, she grabbed a sticky trap and placed in in the closet and I barricaded the door with a blanket, I stuffed it under the door so hopefully will have one stuck mouse conveniently concealed in the closet, fingers crossed!!

Well that is all, I must go and get ready to be gone for the rest of the week, tonight at Brandy's, tomorrow at Kelly's, Friday at Aimee's, Saturday at Kelley's and Sunday at Allies. Y'all don't be jealous now, I know how everyone secretly wants my nomad life. Never a dull moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment