Sunday, April 15, 2012

day 210 cheesehead

And that’s a wrap! I made it through the weekend of Operation Entertain ATLiens.
Friday night, I took them to Mid-town for some patio action and then off to Winners, not Losers but Winners for some Karaoke (shocking I know). Christine and I sang my signature song, Shoop, and they we decided to take it to the next level and do a little Ice Cube. They never called us up. I am pretty sure we got axed from the lineup. I am not mad; I am ok with them not allowing me to make a complete jackass of myself. I keep forgetting that I am a white girl, who should stick to her wheel house of Reba Macintyre and stay away from hard core gangster rap. Gary (Kelly's roomie) made a guest appearance, Josh was ok with adding another guy to the mix, the girl talk was nonstop. I ran into my boss down there, thanks goodness I was in between appearances.

Saturday, while Josh and Christine went visiting folks and then to a wedding, Patty and I went on a search for a cowboy hat. It was a gorgeous day, Broadway was bumpin and I gave her a little taste of my world of street performers and really good BBQ. We met some really cool folks from Philly outside of a Blues bar who talked us into coming back for the show, they insisted that we come back and hear this amazing lady sing. Ok cool that is the plan, round up the rest of the clan, plus a couple of old school friends of Josh and listen to some blues.

While Patti and I are waiting on everyone to join, we hit up Tootsies, it’s packed as usual but there are two seats at a table in the back. These two stools were the beginning of a fun adventure with two Yankees from Milwaukee. We found ourselves at the VIP table with these super cute, hilarious guys and ended up staying there for the next few hours as our blues bar plans begin to disappear. We sat right down and started chatting it up like we’ve know them for years. The Brewers and the Braves just happened to be on TV, so that was an ironic bonus that gave me ample opportunity to bust his chops as we pulled out a W.

This Australian couple and two token military drunks have now joined our table.  Our impromptu “double date” has turned into a Motley Crew of sorts. Thank goodness I remembered to bring my air guitar cause we are having some boot stompin fun jammin out to a lot of Johnny Cash!

So now everyone is looking for Patti and I and we don’t want to leave! We are having way too much fun with our new get-a-long gang. I am mocking this ladies accent; she gives me the business right back, me and this guy from the north are acting out a story line the entire time. I was playing his dutiful military wife and I am pretty sure everything that came out of our mouths was a tall tale. Including the part where I told everyone he was in the Air force and recently went AWOL.

Our friends are now blowing our phones up, so I get the Aussy’s number and recruit the boys to come with us. We gave up the table and our new friends to walk across the street where there was no music and a bunch of married couples! Dangit! But I had to remember I was supposed to be social, well that lasted about 5 seconds, and we plan an escape route to head back to Tootsies. Now we can't get back in, the line is too long, so we head to Printers Alley to listen to some blues. It’s a $10 cover, no one had cash so we bailed and continued to wander around downtown having a grand ol time.

Eventually we met back up with Christine and Josh and then lost them again. I had so much fun with Milwaukee dude, it sucks that he doesn't live here. At the end of the night, after I stepped in a pile of puke, I gave him my number just for fun and I have been pathetically starring at the phone all day waiting for a witty text to pop up. So far, I got crickets. Oh well, it’s probably for the best, I don't know if I would like to live in Wisconsin, I would go back to my old ways of living off cheese, I can't fall off the wagon, I am an addict and I can only eat cheese in moderation.


No comments:

Post a Comment