Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 222 day of rest

I am whooped! I had the opportunity to do volunteer work and it was so fun! Getting up at 4am wasn't all that bad, I got downtown in record time cause they turn off all the red lights at time of the night, it’s just blinking yellow lights, awesomeness.
We set up tables at mile marker 3, mixed up thousands of gallons of Gatorade, poured thousands of cups of Gatorade and waited. The first 2 guys came running up ahead of the pack, one white boy and one Kenyan, who were neck in neck. Then the masses came, literally, thousands of people running towards us (35,000 to be exact). And they were thirsty! We held out cups for the very serious runners to snatch out of our hands, after they passed, the nicer runners who were very appreciate came running through. So many people thanked us for volunteering, it was nice to hear. We had a band up on the hill cranking out some good music and everyone was in a great mood on a nice day! I am not gonna lie, I was a little envious of the people who do not have knee problems and who were running just fine, I miss it bad!!! If a guy with 2 prosthetic legs can run, or if a blind guy who requires a stick and a leader can run, then I need to figure out how to make this happen. I guess I will go to the doctor. After we yelled out Gatorade for 2 hours, the madness stopped and it was time to clean up thousands and thousands of cupps smashed off the ground. My boss gave me mad props for bringing four very helpful people, who seemingly had a great time too. After our mission was complete,  we walked to Noshville Delicatessen for some vittles. Across the street we kept seeing foam flying all through the air; someone apparently put some industrial strength liquid soap in the water fountain of the salon. Ha, suds everywhere! I wonder if the people who owed it did that on purpose to attract attention to the salon, cause it worked!

 After breakfast we went and sat on a patio and soaked up some good weather, but then we realized a nap was in order if we were gonna make it to the concert. We all went our separate ways and reconvened at Kelly’s for some grilling out and then off to the concert. It was a good show; everyone had a good time including the folks who hate country music. All in all a good day.

 Now I am relaxing after going to 7 different stores to try and find the latest book everyone is talking about. Don’t tell my parents but I want to read "50 shades of Grey" its supposed to be racy and sexy, a must read for woman and I can’t find it! Am I gonna have to break down and get a Kindle? Are they going to stop selling books soon? Whatever!

Ok movie time!


No comments:

Post a Comment