Tuesday, April 24, 2012

day 218 spellcheck is a virtue

Omg I just noticed the spelling of my title on the last post, pactience, WTF is pactience..geez! Just when you think you are doing better at the whole spelling/grammar thing. My mom was an English teacher once upon a time, she is now taking experts out of past blogs and emailing them to me with all the mistakes highlighted and numbered with a legend at the bottom of the page referencing each number. It’s actually quite helpful, but that was from the very beginning when I just wrote and didn't proof read, now I at least glance at it (at the request of a few folks).

I have the pleasure of running into creepy rodeo clown this evening. I made the mistake of saying hi and that led to what he was doing for work and what he aspires to do for work and a few history lessons on some country music singers. Thank goodness I had my phone in my hand so I could text Kelly to call me, she did, it worked, and I escaped. BUT as I was cooking dinner there was a knock on my door, I crept over to peep hole, its dark and I can't see anything. I just never opened the door (hopefully it was not him). Not sure who else if could be though.

Today I managed to talk 4 people into getting up at 430am on Saturday to volunteer with me at the Country Music Marathon! Me, Kelly, Gary and the Philly couple, Mae and Arnold (no they are not 85-years-old). If we are there at 5am to man the water station that my work is hosting, we get a free T-shirt and free concert tickets to see Rodney Atkins and Gloriana. They are playing at the arena that night! Plus, live bands are all over the route the runners are running on, so it should be a fun day of music. We'll see if they all show.

Thank you Meredith Mathers for the suggestion of clear nail polish on the chigger bites, but I have been there done that, clear nor any other color works!  And Homeboy never called and that’s cool...next!

 Ok off to bed.


2 comments:

  1. Meredith Mathers ;)April 25, 2012 at 7:48 AM

    Damn those chiggers!

    Homeboy sucks. When you find the real one, you don't have to play games. You both just really want to see each other and talk to each other all the time. That is what you deserve- don't settle for any less!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to reply to this wonderful advise...thanks girl..I will keep that in mind the nixt time I find myself pining over a half-wit dbag :)

      Delete