Sunday, July 15, 2012

365 days later.....

I did it! Ta da! Wrote almost every day for a year! Pretty pumped I followed through with my plan to do so. I started this blog on the day I got to Tennessee.....if anyone is doing the math, today is my one year anniversary. I have had 6588 views from you guys on 308 posts! WOW! Thank you for keeping up with me, it means a lot! I have loved all the feedback, texts, comments, FB posts and most importantly I've loved keeping this one sided dialogue going. I love that people can call me up and chime in on a conversation like we have been talking all along. I have learned a lot about myself including that I can't put a proper sentence together to save my life. I have had a few casualties, some boys went running for the hills and well one hair dresser. I had no idea you read my blog girl! Please disregard the salad bowl comment...I didn't mean it! Please don't give me a blue Mohawk on my next appointment.
This first year has been all about survival. I have come a long way from being a lost girl from Georgia wanting to make a new life for myself.  Being a nomad, sleeping on air mattresses, having my closet in my trunk and learning lessons that thought I already knew has been a trip! I have learned that most situations in life are temporary and it doesn’t take much to make me happy.  All I need is a few dollars in a coffee can, a few good listening ears, a few belly laughs, a steady job, a place to live and I am good. God has guided my thus far and as long as he keeps his hand on my back, I shall survive.

Big shout out to my advisors for lending their expert opinions in making most of my decisions. I would be lost without you. Most of my many "Operations" have been a success. The boys are still a challenge of mine but I am taking the lessons I’ve learned and applying them accordingly.

I am thankful to wake up every day with the opportunity to make my life better.  I shall continue to recite my daily happenings and ridiculous antics. I have big plans for year number two and can’t wait to continue to tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment