Monday, July 2, 2012

Life is short


I don't have time to maintain these regrets. That is my new thing. I have come to the conclusion that I constantly feel regret. The reasons behind these regrets can range anywhere from the smallest, stupidest thing all the way to life altering decisions (although most of my life altering decisions are made with the help of my advisory board) but there are the occasional snap decisions that no one has a say in. From now on, I am going to ask myself, will I regret this decision before I make it? I want to wake up every morning and feel nothing but happiness with the way I spent my time the day before. And if I have to get "No Regrets" tattooed on my body to make that happen, then so be it. Nothing went on this weekend to prompt that just so ya know. Well that is not true; my co-worker, Jenner, had everyone from work over for a pool party cookout. I left way too early, I should have stuck around and put some face time in with the bosses and their wives. But no I had to scurry off, I regretted it and I just have to realize that it could have been a lot worse. I could of gotten drunk, made a fool out of myself by rapping and making obscene gestures to the song “Baby got Back” on the diving board or something. But I didn’t I simply left before I should have and that’s the little dumb things that cause the feeling of regret in my belly. No more! Ok it may be time to get my first tattoo.

I don’t regret anything that happened on Friday cause I got to spend it with my wonderful Dad  and yesterday the only regret is not reapplying the sunscreen on my nose, not a big fan of Rudolph or skin cancer for that matter.  Regret is a tough pill to swallow because it’s something that I can control and if if I can alter my decisions just a smidge, I think I can make a big difference in my own life. Like I said before, I don’t have time to maintain these regrets. If I do decide to get a tattoo saying "No Regrets" will I regret it? That is the question.




1 comment:

  1. Meredith Mathers ;)July 2, 2012 at 8:09 AM

    No tattoos! Ask for guidance. It's okay to ask for things.

    ReplyDelete