Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 275 rain rain you can stay

I gotta give myself some props for heading out on a rainy Saturday morning with bum wheel to do my civic duty. I decided it’s time give back to my community and volunteer my gardening skills to the ghetto. My church hosts a “Serving Saturday” once a quarter and we all split up into groups and work on different projects all over the city. My group cleaned up housing for battered woman called “Mending Hearts.”  I volunteered to pull up 1 million weeds out of this massive garden. Most everyone else lugged junk to the dumpster in preparation for the remodel of this busted up building. It was cool to get out and get a little dirty in the pouring down rain. After about 2 hours of playing in the mud the rain was coming down so hard they gave us the go ahead to head to another project or head out. The thunder was my cue to head for the nearest shelter, my car. I am not a big fan on getting struck by lightning, so to me it was a no brainer.
On the way back I dropped off my RSVP to Lilsteph’s wedding in the mailbox. The little tiny card and envelope got a little muddy, wet, wrinkled and torn. It looks as though I couldn’t make up my mind so I carried it around in my work boots for days while hiking in the rain. They will be confused until they see who it’s from.

I am now back at my apartment with the TV and my book in a steady rotation. My couch is confused as to why we are spending so much time together. I tried to explain that my stupid ankle is being uncooperative and is giving me no choice. The rain is making my situation a little more tolerable, so here I sit in solitude. Maybe I should play solitaire. Actually I need to figure out a way for Christine to stop beating me at Words with Friends. That little spelling bee queen is gonna force me to start cheating, I am not scared to Google words that have Z, J’s and X’s in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment