Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 269 lucky ducky?

Ok so after Kelly brought my spare key to me on the 4th (smartest decision I ever made was giving my spare keys to her) me and my bum foot had quite a day at work yesterday. My foot is bad; it looks like it should be attached to a 300lb Smurf.
 My co-workers have diagnosed it as a very bad sprain and since everyone is an expert, there is no need to go to the doctor. Apparently the color blue that has taken over my foot and the swelling are not signs of a fracture because I can move my toes and ankle. I have a strict rotation of ice, elevation, Ibuprofren, Epson salt and a brace.  Vera, our receptionist and her broken leg are heeling nicely so she let me take her wheel chair for the day. I now have a new appreciation for the disabled. I did however get a kick out of people wheeling me down the hall at mock speeds just for fun.

I went out during my lunch hour yesterday to search for my keys. I went back to the scene of the crime, the area where the sidewalk jumped up and took me down like a champ. I went into the Hilton for my “shot in the dark” option. Nope they didn't have them but man was that a nice establishment. I looked in the bushes out front and came up empty handed. One last spot to try, Legends, but I didn't think to go in there earlier because I merely stopped in there to use the restroom and that was it. I go in head hung low and bounced out of there cheering, they had them the whole time! I know what I did, while looking for my deodorant at the bottom of my purse (because I have a spare deodorant at all times) I laid my keys on the sink! Woohoo! Victory! Now I can get into my office, do my laundry, go to the gym, get the mail, and put all of my spares back in their places. I am one lucky ducky!


I have been briefly chitchatting with Meredith's musician friend, Clay, per her instructions of course....things are sorta kinda starting to a little bit somewhat take shape with this guy. He ain't making it easy and that is actually a good thing...keep me on my toes I say!

 After work Kelly and I are heading to the country for the ribbon cutting event of Brandy's bomb-ass pool! Its finally installed and waiting on us! So appreciative of her upgrading my country home!


No comments:

Post a Comment