Tuesday, September 20, 2011

day 58 white girl

Yesterday I had defining moment in my life. Brandy and I had our first fight since I have been here (it lasted for about 5 minutes). Dug was here and the neighbor Mike was here , I walked out into the sun room where everyone was and Brandy called me out, "did you put your make-up on in the dark? Its looking a little thick Magda." (Magda is the extremely tan old woman from the movie "Something about Mary" So I got embarrassed, walked back in the house and slammed the door behind me. I then proceeded to pout (mind you I am very very hormonal at this point and very tired from the last few days) So Brandy came in and I called her an asshole and she told me I was being ridiculous and I agreed and that was it.

 I then went back out to the sun room and we all joked about the fact that my make-up does not match my face at all, to prove her point, Brandy asked me to wipe my face off with a paper towel and then I saw what she was talking about, the paper towel was completely orange and it turns out, my skin is not. Then I found myself in the middle of yet another intervention, they told me to embrace the fact that my skin is white and I am not a Native American, so stop trying to pretend that I am.

I am going to Wal-Mart to buy some groceries for Brandy, I announce that while I am at there I will buy some new make-up. So that was the defining moment, I have embarrassed the fact that I am a white girl and need to start act accordingly, and I will not buy foundation that is Buff Beige but something more along the line of Ghost White. And that is exactly what I did and I am a better person for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment