Thursday, November 17, 2011

day 101 baby steps and strangers

Ok, so I have led on to the fact that I am a bit superstitious and this week I have done a good job of forcing myself to undo a superstition that i have carried with me all of my adult life. Actually, it may have started as a kid, I can't remember, but most of my life, until this week, I always always always lift my feet when going over railroad road tracks. Its bad luck to keep your feet on the floor board when crossing them, driving or riding it doesn't matter. I think it turned into more of a habit than a superstition. I will go ahead and say for the last 20 years i have been doing this. BUT in Nashville there is a crap load of RR tracks and I literally work right next to some and have to kinda do a U-turn on them to get to my work. Trying to drive and steer over huge tracks while making a U-turn with my feet up was way too much eye-hand coordination early in the morning. I have to give it enough gas to take me over the tracks, but not too much where I go flying. So I have been working on putting my feet down all week and I gotta say it feels wrong, really really weird and liberating at the same time. I mean lets get real, lifting up my feet didn't exactly bring me a whole bunch of good luck over the years, so I figure this hootinanny way of thinking was nothing but habit that I must break. So I did, baby steps.

And now I just got freaked out via text. A few weeks ago,  I got a strange text from a number I didn't know with an Atlanta area code:

stranger: want to go Fogo De Choi at 1230pm on Thursday. I just confirmed with him.
me: sure! who is this?
stranger: wrong text

so I let it go...then again today...

stranger: search craiglist for office furniture. there is a good bit for sale
me: I don't care
stranger: about?
stranger: care about me?
me: sorry you have the wrong number
stranger: Do you live in Nashville?
me: yes, who is this?
stranger: and your cousin, lets talk about her, she must of pulled her groin and cant keep her legs closed
me. seriously u r freaking me out...who is this?
stranger:and your blog is amazing work, don't stop, we want more more more
stranger: you don't know me but I know you
me: well introduce yourself
( he sends me a pic and I cant figure it out what it is and he says its a clue) I study the pic and realize its a dog's balls
It took me about 2 minutes....
TD! I say
stranger: haha...who did you call?
me: no one i figured it out, who takes a picture of his dogs balls? weirdo
TD: whatever you recognized my dogs balls!
me: good point

(he was trying to text his friend Steffan)

That damn TD (aka burp in my mouth)....freaking me out! I just got done telling Allie to get a restraining order against a guy who is stalking her and then this happened...this is shortly after I thought an oven mitt on the living room floor was a rat. I may be a little on edge about something...not sure what...

No comments:

Post a Comment