Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 93...great day

What a great day! It started out with a meeting I had with the owner of the company. He gave me an assignment to put together a way to train the office people on the Servpro side (the side of the company that deals with the remediation) he wants me to train the girls who answer the phone when floods or fire happen, train them on hardwoods and other flooring. Long story short, he loved the outline and reasearch I prepared and wants me to do a presentation to during their meeting on Thursday. I get to bring in visuals and train other people about the construction side Then the meeting turned into how we can expand my role in the company. I was in there for 2 hours..it went very very well.

Then I picked up Allie from Margaritaville so we can house hunt and then go to church. Downtown was bumpin! The CMA's are tomorrow, so there are all kinds of tour buses everywhere and famous people lurking about. This country band "Lil Big Town" played at Allie's work during the day today and Jason Aldean made a surprise appearance and Big River Tavern! Can you imagine, sitting around eating your lunch and Jason Aldean appears and puts on an impromptu concert! How awesome! I saw Ellen's Swag Bus or whatever...I guess Ellen DeGeneres is here. So tomorrow, after work, Allie and I are gonna walk around downtown and soak up some atmosphere and stake out famous people, I am so excited!

Church was good. I learned that God gives us pain so we will invite him in our lives to help us cope with whatever pain we are dealing with. I already knew, trust me, I could of taught this sermon :)  I just got done telling Sarah this very thing. Her mom had a cancer scare and I tried to comfort her by saying that God gives us bad situations in our lives so will turn to Him, he is no sneaky :) Oh and Sarah's mom is going to be just fine, thank you Lord.

The two houses that we looked at were no Bueno, one was right next to the freeway and not functional and the other one, well um, there was a sofa on the front porch and since I am not Sanford and she is not my Son, it simply won't work out.

Today while I was leaving work, I was walking out with Rusty, I tell her to hold on cause i have to go get my dinner out of the fridge, its in my cooler. I come skipping up with my cooler on my shoulder and she says, I kinda feel bad for you...."why?" I ask. Because you LIVE out of your car and EAT out of a bag, I look at her and say "At least I'm LIVIN and EATIN! It could be much much worse"...she smiles and looks at me and says, that's true, you go girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment